Should I go to hockey tonight?

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Okay, first game of the winter season is tonight.

Last Thursday I cam down with a cough and runny nose. I stayed home from work, got tested - negative. I went back to work on Monday (I work in an office and can easily social distance) even though my symptoms are greatly diminished, but still exist.

But should I stay home from hockey, even though I don't have Covid, to avoid even the tiny risk of passing whatever other bug I have on to someone else on the bench?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Last Thursday I cam down with a cough and runny nose. I stayed home from work, got tested - negative. I went back to work on Monday (I work in an office and can easily social distance) even though my symptoms are greatly diminished, but still exist.

But should I stay home from hockey, even though I don't have Covid, to avoid even the tiny risk of passing whatever other bug I have on to someone else on the bench?

I would say stay home. Throughout this pandemic there have been a fair amount of reports saying that there could be a rather large portion of covid tests that result in false negatives. Testing neg isn't 100% that you don't actually have it. Plus it's probably not a good idea to spread any other viruses around at this time as it would just cause a bit more grief and potential work for front line health care workers having to test more people.

Any outbreaks that may occur from gyms or hockey could potentially have a chance of shutting down rinks/gyms in the future and I don't think people want that to happen.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Stay home.

Because even if you have something else, you can still give it to others. And then they are going to have to go through the whole process of wondering, testing, waiting, etc.

Anybody who is sick these days should just go ahead and mini-quarantine themselves even if they are negative for Covid. It's just going to add more noise to the system if other bugs are passed around at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad