Should Edmonton be allowed to have a top 5 pick this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
You're compensated by being bad with where you select, why punish the Oilers, haven't they been through enough?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Yanno, I've only been here a few years and I still feel like I see 3 of these topics a week, if not almost daily.

If they suck they suck, let them have it. You can't punish someone for being bad, that's ridiculous.

re5piration

'67 til
Dec 29, 2008
Toronto
239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't see how removing their pick would be the solution to them always picking in the top five..?

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
I will defend the oilers fan base,

The answer to this question is, YES. They deserve the pick for being terrible. If anything, the league should add a rule in which if you have multiple seasons with high picks in a row; the league out of mercy fires your management staff. The owner at this point is obviously failing the oilers fan base. It will help with the ruining of the high level prospects as well, with a fresh new managements perspective.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I don't see how removing their pick would be the solution to them always picking in the top five..?

It would force them to focus on good coaching and player development. The Oilers have had their chance at drafting high and it hasn't worked out. If things stay the same, what makes us think the same approach will eventually work out? Enough is enough Edmonton. Stop ruining talented prospects.

Edmonton needs to look from within on how to fix their team. Not rely on the draft year after year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad