Speculation: Should/Could we target PLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

If it’s Winnipeg it’d be ironic if it’s laine for pld. Didn’t he want to get traded too (or supposedly so)? If they get him I hope pld likes living in...Winnipeg. They are very deep and realistically could get something done.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
If it’s Winnipeg it’d be ironic if it’s laine for pld. Didn’t he want to get traded too (or supposedly so)? If they get him I hope pld likes living in...Winnipeg. They are very deep and realistically could get something done.

Why is it better in WPG?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Why is it better in WPG?
Why’s what better in Winnipeg? I was joking that he’s going from Columbus Ohio to Winnipeg, if one of the main reasons why he wanted to leave was because he doesn’t like living in Columbus or something then I doubt Winnipeg is going to be much better for him.

Reactions: Boothinator

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Dredger was on TSN after Leafs game just now saying Roslovic could be one of the pieces involved and the deal could be done as soon as Saturday.

PLD apparently wants a bigger stage.
*checks seating capacity for WPG*
I kid I kid but a Canadian market is bigger than Ohio.

Not sure if PLD would help Chevy keep Laine in the Peg though.
I see the theory but I'd be a little surprised if PLD wanted to stay in WPG long term.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FWIW, I'd kick the tires on Danualt.
Doubt he's available since MON looks to be competing.
Maybe as a rental. If its 1st+ then no way.
Maybe as a re-signed 2C while Lundell works his way in as 3C
Depending on what contract terms he would want.
If not maybe he makes it to free agency

Reactions: BabyBarkov

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yuge deal. Can't see how Laine would be comfortable playing for Torts. imo he'll be traded to somewhere else way before he hits the FA.
Eh it could be like Lecavalier: hard love takes him to next level. I think Laine was in a position where he wasn’t always used right on a team and I think he now has his team

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Eh it could be like Lecavalier: hard love takes him to next level. I think Laine was in a position where he wasn’t always used right on a team and I think he now has his team

Laine's complaints were about not playing with competent centers and I'm not sure how that situation will improve in Lumbus where he's going to play with Domi who is more suited to LW, Riley Nash, Koivu, Foudy and ofc Roslovic. However, Kekalainen got goal scoring touch which they've need for like eternity but that comes at the price of depleting their top6 center depth (which wasn't up to Kekalainen since PLD didn't want to play there anyway).

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Laine's complaints were about not playing with competent centers and I'm not sure how that situation will improve in Lumbus where he's going to play with Domi who is more suited to LW, Riley Nash, Koivu, Foudy and ofc Roslovic. However, Kekalainen got goal scoring touch which they've need for like eternity but that comes at the price of depleting their top6 center depth (which wasn't up to Kekalainen since PLD didn't want to play there anyway).
Yep: PLD wasn’t playing like a 1C: I think Domi is serviceable. I’m speculating but it’s easier to be upset with a bad center if there’s a better one on the team!

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Laine's complaints were about not playing with competent centers and I'm not sure how that situation will improve in Lumbus where he's going to play with Domi who is more suited to LW, Riley Nash, Koivu, Foudy and ofc Roslovic.

Pate's first priority was to get first line minutes which he didn't get in Winnipeg. Scheifele and Wheeler are two old grumpy guys (and worse hockey players than Patrik) that run the show and the others suffer. So Jets did exactly what they did with Selänne and got rid of Pate after a relatively short time. I really wanted Florida to go all-in and trade Ekblad for Laine but unfortunately it didn't happen. Barkov with Laine could have been what Kariya and Selänne were in Anaheim. Hopefully Keklu is NOT able to persuade Barkov to move to Columbus. Honestly I don't see Pate enjoying his life in Columbus. It's cold there and he cannot enjoy playing golf or driving sports cars like he would have enjoyed in SE Fla.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good trade for both sides: I think Columbus did slightly better but I guess Laine is a free agent a year early and they have to negotiate a new deal this year

Laine has the personality to walk to free agency. CBJ wins this right now but I think WPG may win this long term since they have more RFA years with PLD. In saying that, think PLD walks to free agency as well when he can.

Yuge deal. Can't see how Laine would be comfortable playing for Torts. imo he'll be traded to somewhere else way before he hits the FA.

Possibly, if he's complaining about not playing with a 1C in WPG, who's his 1C in CBJ now? Domi?

I wonder if Seth Jones will re-sign there? If not, CBJ is in for some hurt for a while.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Pate's first priority was to get first line minutes which he didn't get in Winnipeg. Scheifele and Wheeler are two old grumpy guys (and worse hockey players than Patrik) that run the show and the others suffer. So Jets did exactly what they did with Selänne and got rid of Pate after a relatively short time. I really wanted Florida to go all-in and trade Ekblad for Laine but unfortunately it didn't happen. Barkov with Laine could have been what Kariya and Selänne were in Anaheim. Hopefully Keklu is NOT able to persuade Barkov to move to Columbus. Honestly I don't see Pate enjoying his life in Columbus. It's cold there and he cannot enjoy playing golf or driving sports cars like he would have enjoyed in SE Fla.

Scheifele > Laine.

And no to trading Ekblad for Laine.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Laine has the personality to walk to free agency. CBJ wins this right now but I think WPG may win this long term since they have more RFA years with PLD. In saying that, think PLD walks to free agency as well when he can.

Possibly, if he's complaining about not playing with a 1C in WPG, who's his 1C in CBJ now? Domi?

I wonder if Seth Jones will re-sign there? If not, CBJ is in for some hurt for a while.
Yep: gaining one more year of team control for a less dynamic player. It will be good for the Jackets I hope

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I was holding out hope we would one day land Laine. ☹️

I think it'll be very telling what Laine does this offseason. Only 2 more years til he's a UFA, so I could see him signing a 2 year deal with CBJ and/or 2 year offer sheet, then walking.

If we can keep Barkov around and turn a corner in the next two seasons we'd probably have a better than average shot at signing him as a UFA. A lot of speculation and "ifs" but I still have a gut feeling/hope Laine will be a Panther in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce