Speculation: Should/Could we target PLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think it'll be very telling what Laine does this offseason. Only 2 more years til he's a UFA, so I could see him signing a 2 year deal with CBJ and/or 2 year offer sheet, then walking.

If we can keep Barkov around and turn a corner in the next two seasons we'd probably have a better than average shot at signing him as a UFA. A lot of speculation and "ifs" but I still have a gut feeling/hope Laine will be a Panther in a couple of years.

Considering how much Laine complained about the usage/coaching in Peg, I don't see how he could possible see that his situation will improve in Lumbus especially when he has Torts breathing down his neck about being defensively responsible when the entire point of having a guy like Laine is to not let opposing defensemen joining the attack when every failed pinch ends up in a breakaway and Laine cellying.

I could see Zito coughing up Tippett + Weegar for Laine + some minor roster piece.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Considering how much Laine complained about the usage/coaching in Peg, I don't see how he could possible see that his situation will improve in Lumbus especially when he has Torts breathing down his neck about being defensively responsible when the entire point of having a guy like Laine is to not let opposing defensemen joining the attack when every failed pinch ends up in a breakaway and Laine cellying.

I could see Zito coughing up Tippett + Weegar for Laine + some minor roster piece.
Nowhere near enough: we have three guys that are worth Laine or more and we aren’t trading them. Maybe if Huby demands a trade.

We have prospect depth but CBJ wants to compete.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Nowhere near enough: we have three guys that are worth Laine or more and we aren’t trading them. Maybe if Huby demands a trade.

We have prospect depth but CBJ wants to compete.

Tipp plus Weegar is a decent, in some sense an overpayment, for one guaranteed year of Laine. No team in the league will pony up their proven top line talent for uncertainty unless met with similar situation what Laine presents. CBJ wants to compete but that want doesn't materialize if they keep trading for and drafting players that don't want to sign there. Huby could work if there's no market for him and he wants to go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad