Should Arizona fire Sean Miller?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
No way. Who out there would be an upgrade? Yes, they choked down the stretch against Xavier, but he's had great success during the regular season. The NCAA Tournament is more matchup based than the best team winning.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Only if you have the right alternative.

Don't fire for the sake of firing.

billwade

Mar 24, 2017
Miller will never take the Wildcats to a Final Four. It's not coincidental that Xavier's coach used a zone against Miller. His teams always struggle against a zone. It's the surest way to beat him.

I would like to see Miller fired and replaced by Judd Buechler. When Lute left, I was praying the Wildcats would give Steve Kerr a lifetime contract.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sure he hasn't brought them back to where they need to be but, I still believe he deserves another 2-4 seasons.

Good coaches adapt, maybe he'll finally learn from his mistakes and change a few things.

In the end its not like there is a major name out there waiting to be hired to replace him... so why jump ship now?

billwade

Mar 24, 2017
Miller is way too intense. he gets the players so axle wrapped they choke in big games. the team almost always peaks too early and struggles late in the year. he can't coach against a zone to save his life. if you want a coach that will never make it to a final four, hire Miller.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
It wasn't Miller fault. Allonzo Trier choose to play one-man-show rather than passing ball to Markkanen or anyone else at open spot. If he comes to draft, it should cost him little bit lower pick. Which team wants a player who starts to play one-man-show at most important stage, there's a big risk he would do it also in playoffs? Expecting Markkanen to be in top-10 at draft, he has been solid whole season and his PPG could be even higher than it is at the moment. But Arizona changed their style after Trier came back, to way what benefits more Trier than Markkanen. After Trier made a comeback, Lauri PPG dropped down little bit. Anyway his collegeseason has been very nice to follow and Markkanen definitely gives signs about all-star potential, he is going to be clearly the best player ever from my country.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
One hand washes the other. He's able to draw these recruits, right? If he goes, who says the next guy will draw the talent that is "supposed" to win it all? Sometimes you have to accept what may be a flaw on the sidelines to keep a guy who players come to your program to be coached by.

The guy has a 76% win percentage at Zona and 73% in conference. Calling for his firing is as silly as people who wanted Roy Williams fired at Kansas for not winning it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad