Short Training Camp Benefits Bruins

TheSeguinEra2010*

Training camp will only be a week which is not long enough for teams to build chemistry and shake the rust from the extra long offseason. With the Bruins having had more players taking their talents overseas than any other team and already having great chemistry the Bruins should be great out of the gate and should fare very well in this shortened season. Should be fun to watch!!

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
I think that will definatley benefit the Bruins in the long haul. points are always easier to come by in the beginnign of the year so a fast start would be great

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Now its just up to Claude to do his thing!

In Claude we trust!:laugh:

claudekfc_zps431e1911.png

TheSeguinEra2010*

Everyone was disappointed of how the Bruins didnt make a big move this offseason but it could work in our favor here. With most of the same team and all of the core returning theyll have no problem clicking at the first puck drop

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
I wonder how the Rangers will mesh with only a week to work Rick Nash into the mix. Here's hoping it takes a least two weeks for things to click.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Except the Bruins have to work in 33% of their defensive core.

Honestly, I don't think the "our guys played over seas" thing is a plus or a minus. Lucic didn't play over seas. Should we expect him to struggle?

I think the 1 thing I know about a short season like this, is that it has a higher chance of being flukey. A team that was good last year could drop big and a team that was bad last year could catch lightning.

Trying to pick out which teams benefit most is an impossible task. The Bruins will be in the mix because they have a good roster. That's about all I can say for sure.

spokedBisgoodforme

Jan 7, 2013
good ol' wormtown MA
I think it stands a good chance of helping, at least modestly. I also hope that in this first game against the rangers, that Nash is a defensive liability for now because he is new to the system but too bad he has king henrik to bail him out. Here's hoping!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Everyone was disappointed of how the Bruins didnt make a big move this offseason but it could work in our favor here. With most of the same team and all of the core returning theyll have no problem clicking at the first puck drop

I wasn't disappointed.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bruins have 17 guys coming back playing in the same system for the sixth season. Their only real turnover will be a top 9 forward and a #6 defenseman (Anything over Corvo is an upgrade). IF this team is healthy, anything less then an Eastern Conference Final is a disappointment for this team. Short season, tight team, no big turnover...It all lines up for them. They should win their division rather easily looking at the rosters of the Northeast. The team appears very hungry, and if I am to believe their quotes on their early ouster in April, they will come out and dominate.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As far as being disappointed, the Bruins have 9 million bucks of cap space they are not using ... Savard could be put on LTIR to clear 4.... but Thomas will be impossible to move now.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
The biggest factor is probably the coaching continuity. The short training camp handicaps teams that hired a new coach who is trying to implement a new system.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

No need to.

Even though he's not going to be great/good this season, we added Hamilton to the roster. He'll be a huge boost to our team in a few years.

Also Seguin looks like he's taken a huge step. He's getting better every year. Instead of making a big move to get one player, we resigned Lucic, Seguin, and Marchand, all potential 30 goal scorers, long term with our cap space. Players who already have chemistry with eachother and are 24, 24, and 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad