Shootout future impact on player evaluation ?

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
90 points in the standing (so a 180 pts swing) was decided in the shootout, 2322 since the beginning, I imagine a somewhat long list of team made or missed the playoff because of how well they did during the year.

Yet I give about (mentally) almost 0 thought about it when evaluating players values, Toews is a shootout legend in a way and hold the record in nhl history for most goals at 52, Oshie is well known for it has well, Panarin 62% scoring rate is the best all-time.

Vasilevksiy with .784 has the best save percentage ever, Fleury has the most wins and his .726 his the second best among the very high volume goaltender just below Rinne, I imagine it helped directly his win record sheet.

Do agents-contract-GM value that skill or it is too diffuse (if a team could send the same shooter 3 time it would be quite different and something people do point out, but sometimes the star does not even have a chance for his shoot to even count) and seen only has a nice plus ?

Will it be different one day for people born in that era or like me has long as it is only in the regular season, not something ever brought up when evaluating players ?

Is it only a reflection that they for example did not count in the days to days stats we see ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad