Advice: Shooting technique help

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
One good bit of advice I got many years ago is this. Practice on the rink, obviously in skates etc. And if you don't feel like you're at least a little close to falling down (forward) on the follow through, you're not whipping your body weight hard enough.

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
Just to show you I don't really know what I'm talking about, here's a video of me shooting around today. I got a new camera and figured I'd test out the video a little bit. It's not edited at all so I apologize for the dead spaces.

It's weird to see video of myself shooting, haha. I definitely need to improve. Do as I say, not as I do. ;) (And yes, I end up being a bender in those skates. They'll never stay tight for me. I need a pair of those overly waxy laces.)

snizzbone*

I need to go grab some outdoor wheels so I can whip around at the tennis courts. Much more fun than standstill shooting.

What kind of puck is that? How rough is the ground you're on?

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
What kind of puck is that? How rough is the ground you're on?

The red pucks are A&R Roller Pucks, nothing special. They are a little heavier than most roller pucks so I like that they're closer to ice puck weight.

The surface is smooth, painted concrete. Think garage flooring. About as slick as a stone surface is going to be short of a polished marble floor.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Something I did for my off ice shooting was buying a cheap stick with the same curve and flex and cut it down a couple of inches compared to my "real" stick. For example I use Warrior kovalchuck curve 85 flex. Bought a covert stick with same specs for 30 bucks on monkey with all the rebates. It really helps to get the much needed knee bend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad