OT: Shooting in Parkland

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
Crazy man. I went there for high school and it's like 5 minutes away from where I lived. Messed up world we live in.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
As much as I hate it, I’m numb to this as an American. Everytime whether it’s kids, concert goers or whatever it’s never enough. Our leadership in power is more interested in lobbyists blood money than taking even the smallest of action. This is the only damn place this happens regularly but all we can do is grieve, wonder why than wait for the next time. How about actually doing something for once.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
As much as I hate it, I’m numb to this as an American. Everytime whether it’s kids, concert goers or whatever it’s never enough. Our leadership in power is more interested in lobbyists blood money than taking even the smallest of action. This is the only damn place this happens regularly but all we can do is grieve, wonder why than wait for the next time. How about actually doing something for once.

Thank you

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I was almost numb by it, until today when my 2 kids were in lockdown in the school, Stoneman Douglas.

They took this POS into custody right behind my house. They should have have double tapped his as*.

No commo with my son for 30 minutes as this goes on.

My daughter was in lockdown when the SWAT team rushed in and told the kids to put their hands up.

12 years in the Army and all you can think of it should be me and not them.

Getting Facebook posts now with parents asking if anyone has seen or heard from their children, because they have not heard from them.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I was almost numb by it, until today when my 2 kids were in lockdown in the school, Stoneman Douglas.

They took this POS into custody right behind my house. They should have have double tapped his as*.

My daughter was in lockdown when the SWAT team rushed in and told the kids to put their hands up.

Getting Facebook posts now with parents asking if anyone has seen or heard from their children, because they have not heard from them.

Damn that’s crazy. Hope everyone’s ok.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

f***in hell.

They're obviously out and ok...like I said anything y'all need, don't be afraid to post up here or DM any of us brother. (Yes, I'm volunteering for some of you)

I hope they didn't have to witness anything first hand...

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

Cops couldn't do anything but handle the POS with kid gloves. Too many cell phones getting video and the coptor overhead.

If they even smacked him they would be charged with battery!

That's reality.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Cops couldn't do anything but handle the POS with kid gloves. Too many cell phones getting video and the coptor overhead.

If they even smacked him they would be charged with battery!

That's reality.
I'm really hoping he doesn't have company.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

I can't imagine what that was like for you. A nightmare. My kids are in Palm Beach County but this could happen there too. Almost anywhere.

My co-worker's two kids go there. His oldest, daughter, is a senior. He texted me that she was supposed to have been in the class where the shooting started .... but had a reason to leave school early. Just today.

Unreal.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
One of my responsibilities is the School Resource Officers. Tomorrow should be a stressful day for them.

In a few minutes I will call our midnight shift sergeants to have them place their officers at our schools tomorrow morning and I will be at day shift briefing at 0700 to do the same with those officers.

Not that we expect anything, just to give the kids and parents peace of mind. Plus be aware!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
One of my responsibilities is the School Resource Officers. Tomorrow should be a stressful day for them.

In a few minutes I will call our midnight shift sergeants to have them place their officers at our schools tomorrow morning and I will be at day shift briefing at 0700 to do the same with those officers.

Not that we expect anything, just to give the kids and parents peace of mind. Plus be aware!

Sorry for the stupid question but was the shooter at a place where an officer would be/would've been...like would it have made a difference based on where officers would've been posted?

...if so, where the hell were they?? I don't want to send my kid to school ever again now.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Sorry for the stupid question but was the shooter at a place where an officer would be/would've been...like would it have made a difference based on where officers would've been posted?

...if so, where the hell were they?? I don't want to send my kid to school ever again now.

I will answer for my city; Port St Lucie is the 8th largest city in population in Florida. Our 4 high schools have over 7,000 students. We have 2 officers in each school, one from PSLPD & 1 from the Sheriff's office. Who knows at any given moment what they are busy with.

The incident,now yesterday, the fire alarm was pulled by the shooter causing all the classrooms to empty out.

If someone is committed to do something like that it's near impossible to stop, all you want to do is mitigate what happens.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Support to those that survived is just as important, as the support to the families of those that paid the ultimate price. I know people (not close friends, but people I went to school with, we bump around every now & then) that were affected by one of the school shootings here and the toll it still takes on them to this day almost a decade later.

If you have family members, relatives, friends, neighbours, etc. that were there to witness the horror (doesn't have to be students either, mental health doesn't look at what age you are), don't be afraid to offer listening and help them get things off their mind, even if the person isn't the type to do that normally. No one should deal with the trauma caused by this event on their own.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Football coach who shielded students from the Florida shooter died 'a hero' - CNN

Football coach Aaron Feis threw himself in front of students as bullets hailed down Wednesday at his alma mater, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
It would become perhaps the final act undertaken by this assistant coach and security guard, who suffered a gunshot wound and later died after he was rushed into surgery, according to the school's football program and its spokeswoman, Denise Lehtio.
"He died the same way he lived -- he put himself second," Lehtio said. "He was a very kind soul, a very nice man. He died a hero."

Rest in Peace good sir.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

While I agree with most of this post as harsh as this sounds, I’m glad that piece of garbage is alive. It’s very rare to get one of them out alive. Hopefully they get in the best people in there to question and interrogate that POS to help prevent some in the future.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Football coach who shielded students from the Florida shooter died 'a hero' - CNN

Football coach Aaron Feis threw himself in front of students as bullets hailed down Wednesday at his alma mater, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
It would become perhaps the final act undertaken by this assistant coach and security guard, who suffered a gunshot wound and later died after he was rushed into surgery, according to the school's football program and its spokeswoman, Denise Lehtio.
"He died the same way he lived -- he put himself second," Lehtio said. "He was a very kind soul, a very nice man. He died a hero."

Rest in Peace good sir.
He will live on in those people he saved. They will always have a piece of him in their hearts and minds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad