SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK !

General Joseph

Dec 25, 2017
Florida Panhandle
For the life of me i will never understand our clubs reluctance to pull the damn trigger especially when in the prime area for scoring goals . If you watch Pittsburgh , that club shoots from everywhere , including at crazy angles etc . So many goals are scored off REBOUNDS or deflections off D man , back of goalies leg , pads , stick etc . That nonsense Jake pulled last night was a JOKE ! It sends a signal to the other team that " I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE " . Just pull the damn trigger ! Coots shot a little wrister from up top that richochet off a D man and look what happened ! SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK !

Reactions: hatcher and Travat

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
For the life of me i will never understand our clubs reluctance to pull the damn trigger especially when in the prime area for scoring goals . If you watch Pittsburgh , that club shoots from everywhere , including at crazy angles etc . So many goals are scored off REBOUNDS or deflections off D man , back of goalies leg , pads , stick etc . That nonsense Jake pulled last night was a JOKE ! It sends a signal to the other team that " I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE " . Just pull the damn trigger ! Coots shot a little wrister from up top that richochet off a D man and look what happened ! SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK !
Kony, Laughton, Lindblom and Patrick don't hesitate to shoot when opportunity presents itself. Maybe we could try this novel idea and give them more icetime.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Jake gone.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek has a phobia, Giroux has had an unsunstainable 17.6% success rate, but he's shooting less than in his prime (360 v 400+ in his peak years).
When you look at the shot stats, a lot of players seem reluctant to shoot.
Watching them, they seem to look for the perfect play instead of quickly sizing up the situation, noting that a passing lane isn't there, and fire the puck - too many scoring chances ruined by forcing a pass instead of shooting for a rebound.

The other issue is getting more traffic in front of the net and screening goalies.
This may be why Hextall has drafted a half dozen big forwards, Allison, Ratcliffe and the Water Bear will be hard to see around.
Simmonds isn't as good as in past years, Raffl tries but more heart than body, Couts and Patrick are more opportunistic.
And TK tries, but he doesn't take up a lot of real estate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad