Rumor: SHL FA Mathias Bromé considering offers from Van/Det

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I dont think Ive ever seen as absurd handling of a player as the Canucks did with Rodin.

Dressing him for a game and not giving him a single shift was insane
Honestly thought he had NHL level talent, like legit top 6 forward talent, but his injuries and absurd handling really caved him in. Always a big a fan of the guy.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I dont think Ive ever seen as absurd handling of a player as the Canucks did with Rodin.

Rodin was underrated. It looks like he's playing his first healthy season in years. Wonder if he'd try coming back to NA now that he's back in competitive form (not with the Canucks but maybe elsewhere)

Reactions: RainbowDeathBunny

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

That pissed me off so much but then it turned out his knee was toast. Which also pissed me off knowing how that whole thing went down.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Rodin came into the league now, he'd have had a totally different career. But as the injuries piled up, his confidence and talent waned. I remember seeing him once with the Chicago Wolves when they played the Heat in Abbotsford.

At that time he was trying to play through an awful shoulder injury and you could see it in his play. But the way the game is played now, and with the crackdown on hooking, holding and interference, he might have thrived. Too bad for the Canucks, and the player.

Reactions: RainbowDeathBunny

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If Rodin came into the league now, he'd have had a totally different career. But as the injuries piled up, his confidence and talent waned. I remember seeing him once with the Chicago Wolves when they played the Heat in Abbotsford.

At that time he was trying to play through an awful shoulder injury and you could see it in his play. But the way the game is played now, and with the crackdown on hooking, holding and interference, he might have thrived. Too bad for the Canucks, and the player.

Anton Rodin, the man with 1000 lives. Page turned. Move on.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Not really what I remember. Nonis was fired in April, so there really wasn't much time to get an idea of his "offseason plan". Rather the distinction was more that he would finally have some cap space to make some moves, and people were pumped that he was going to get the big prospect UFA Brunnstrom was going to sign here (which can be determined in April) and pretty apoplectic when Nonis was fired and Brunnstrom changed his plans.

Once Gillis got working though, and it became understood that Nonis' basic plan in addition to Brunnstrom was to just resign Naslund and Morrison, no one missed him.

I was one of those people. Also hated the Gillis hire as he was so unproven, and did not like that he abandoned the free asset in Brunström.

@RandV . See PuckMunchkin's post. There were some speculation or "leaks" at the time of Nonis' plan. That included signing Brunnstrom and I think Olli Jokinen.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Here is an update

Honestly, I think there's more opportunities in Detroit to play a top 6 role. But the Canucks should be more competitive than Detroit next season and a player like Brome who could raise his stock if he can be a player who can move up and down the lineup.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Potentially a good depth player and maybe a good bottom 6 guy. Competition for Motte? Prelude to moving out Eriksson and Roussel?

“Brome is a late-bloomer that only found himself a few short years ago in Sweden’s professional ranks, at which point his speed, puck skills and peskiness made him a top-flight scorer for Orebro HK,” says JD Burke, editor-in-chief of EliteProspects. “He’s defensively responsible, and he might even have utility on an NHL penalty kill. His scoring profile, while impressive relative to the SHL, isn’t what one might expect from a high-end piece, particularly when one adjusts for age, but the parts of his game that make him successful in Sweden are highly transferrable to the NHL.”

Article on the DailyHive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad