SHL/Allsvenskan 2023-2024

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
So, atleast two solid centers incoming..? Otherwise its pretty hard to see the logic in letting Carlsson go.
One wing and one center of good quality is what's being talked about. But Roger is picky so we'll see if they've found something before the season starts. Goaltending and defence are really good but the offence is not near good enough if we want to win anything.

Last year Carlsson had 4th most average ice time among our forwards, then this spring he was told he was going to be the 15th-16th forward... I've been wanting a sort of rebuild for years but their execution of it is really poor. They've handed out long contracts to then all of a sudden realise that players get old and started axing people left and right instead of making a smooth transition to a new core.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Do you think any of Karl Sterner, Casper Nässen, Noah or Kostandinski could challenge for a spot?
Nässén is a no, he's going the college route and won't risk his eligibility. Sterner hasn't really played in J20 yet, but I'm thinking he could get to practice with the men's team at least. Noah DN is first in line among forwards in J20 to play with the men, to start the season at least. I think Sundin is ahead of Kostadinski.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Strömvall is a great add. He also fits Frölunda style since he is hardworking and gritty. But he needs some playmaker to feed him passes. Frölunda dont have a good playmaking center right now.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
We retired his dad’s jersey, dammit.

Well, he grew up in Linköping, played in LHC up until J18 and his entire family (besides from his biological dad I guess) lives in Linköping. His little brother is playing in LHC J20 right now. So, I can understand the Linköping fans feeling uneasy about his choice.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Well, he grew up in Linköping, played in LHC up until J18 and his entire family (besides from his biological dad I guess) lives in Linköping. His little brother is playing in LHC J20 right now. So, I can understand the Linköping fans feeling uneasy about his choice.

Mercenary brat’s what he is.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Strömvall is a great add. He also fits Frölunda style since he is hardworking and gritty. But he needs some playmaker to feed him passes. Frölunda dont have a good playmaking center right now.
We've got Innala on the wing and Tömmernes at the point with playmaking capabilities.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We've got Innala on the wing and Tömmernes at the point with playmaking capabilities.
not enough. need more forwards with playmaking skills. seems like its not coming, now that Erik Thorell signed. He is a Friberg type of player.

Innala - Rydahl - Klingberg
Öberg - Borg - Friberg
Thorell - Lasu - Strömvall
Olsen - Hasa - Nässén

I think it would be better if Born, Edstrom, Stenberg and Dower Nilsson gets loaned to Allsvenskan to get more playing time. Seems like Teodor Forssander also have a contract. Not sure what happend with Ratkovic.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
not enough. need more forwards with playmaking skills. seems like its not coming, now that Erik Thorell signed. He is a Friberg type of player.

Öberg - Borg - Friberg
Olsen - Hasa - Nässén

I think it would be better if Born, Edstrom, Stenberg and Dower Nilsson gets loaned to Allsvenskan to get more playing time. Seems like Teodor Forssander also have a contract. Not sure what happend with Ratkovic.
Loaning them/one of them to Djurgarden could be a great move for both parts

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg

Öberg - Borg - Friberg
Olsen - Hasa - Nässén

I don't agree with that. Edstrom is going to be one of four centers to start the season, he and Stenberg has played PP in the preseason games (we'll see what happens with that Strömwall and Thorell joining). Born is probably gonna be playing PK and 5v5 alongside Lasu. Dower Nilsson might be a candidate though, and Hasa as well. Rosseli Olsen should be considered out for the season until something changes. Ratkovic has left the team.

Öberg - Borg - Friberg and Born - Lasu - Nässén seem to be early favorites of Roger.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
So Skellefteå signs Kenny Agostino and claims he couldn't get out of his KHL contract last season. But according to KHLs own website he turned down a contract from the Blackhawks last summer. «На связи»: путь «Торпедо» и ценность Кенни Агостино : Новости

Aaaaand he turned down Växjö last summer due to how much less he'd earn in salary than in the KHL. He literally chose blood money over leaving the KHL. AVSLÖJAR: Agostino kunde lämnat Ryssland – valde pengarna • Var överens med SHL-klubb

Last edited:

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
So Skellefteå signs Kenny Agostino and claims he couldn't get out of his KHL contract last season. But according to KHLs own website he turned down a contract from the Blackhawks last summer. «На связи»: путь «Торпедо» и ценность Кенни Агостино : Новости

Aaaaand he turned down Växjö last summer due to how much less he'd earn in salary than in the KHL. He literally chose blood money over leaving the KHL. AVSLÖJAR: Agostino kunde lämnat Ryssland – valde pengarna • Var överens med SHL-klubb
Rögle and Färjestad paid money to Torpedo to get Lennström and Zaar out of their contracts. Using your logic, they gave money used for war while Agostino took money.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Rögle and Färjestad paid money to Torpedo to get Lennström and Zaar out of their contracts. Using your logic, they gave money used for war while Agostino took money.
KHL is funded by the Russian government/companies closely tied to the Russian government that also funds the war. KHL has been and is a propaganda machine for the Russian government and it's war. The same money keeps the war and the KHL going. Agostino chose to stay and earn that money despite having the chance to leave (and lied about not having that chance).

RBK and Färjestad paid Torpedo to get those players out of that situation. I guess you can see those transfer fees being used to keep the KHL/Torpedo/the propaganda going, but you can argue that it's the lesser evil in this situation when the alternative is having the players stay in the KHL. You can partly blame the IIHF since they haven't helped players to get out of the KHL but rather have honoured KHL contracts. To me there are differences to these situations.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
In your first link it seems like some clubs are used for propaganda. I would like to see a follow up source if that came to fruition or not.

Your second link just only show what already has came out in Swedish media that one team celebrated by singing pro-Putin songs.
but you can argue that it's the lesser evil in this situation when the alternative is having the players stay in the KHL.
You can, but it would be wrong. How is it a lesser evil to give money than to take?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad