SHL/Allsvenskan 2022-2023

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Can't watch with sound right now so idk what they say but sounds like this clip could have where he'll end up:

”The early word is the canucks would like to play him in Sweden next year” is unfortunately as far as they explore that question. They mainly just discuss if he should move to Abbotsford.

Last edited:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Konstantin Komarek to Västerås is soooooo weird.

They’re probably overpaying to get him, right?

I think we could’ve kept him and that Luleå probably entertained the idea, but my guess was always that he might command a price tag beyond his value to our team, where he hasn’t delivered consistent scoring despite increased opportunities compared to last year, and with the next season likely to bump his TOI down a notch (provided that Omark returns: knock on wood).

I expected him maybe to return to Malmö where he’s done well before, or some other team in the SHL in need of a decent playmaker, or perhaps Austria or Germany.

Komarek’s had some injury woes throughout this tenure in Luleå which I suspect has affected his performance, and he only started playing up to par in the last stretch of the season and in the playoffs (the nickname “Luleå’s Iniesta” got wings). He was perhaps the biggest disappointment on the roster last year’s playoff run.

He’s definitely an SHL level player, at any rate. When healthy, I’d say he’s a first liner on at least an average offensive team, but would be a solid second liner on good teams. He’s a decent two-way player who’s smart, good at protecting the puck and as a playmaker, especially on the power play.

If it’s not simply the case that Västerås offered the most money, perhaps it’s that he wants more creative liberties in a less demanding environment, while wanting to stay in Sweden? Yeah, I don’t know.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Omark* - Tyrväinen - Andreasson
Connolly - Kempe - Shinnimin
Zdrahal - David Lilja - Nikola Pasic
Eklind - Berglund - Einar Emanuelsson
Nikupeteri

Gustafsson - Ludvig Jansson
Sellgren - ?
Hardegård - Laaksonen*
Själin

Lassinantti
Ward

* = yet to be confirmed

Decided to have another look at what’s happening to the roster. Team’s mostly been confirming rumors in the media following the playoff exit. Unfortunately, Omark hasn’t been confirmed, despite himself announcing his return during the Swiss championship celebrations, which is slightly worrisome.

Sami Lepistö and Jacob Larsson have been rumored before but the former I think will stay in Finland, and the latter is probably entertaining other offers and could be a long shot? Not sure. I don’t know if we can expect Lepistö to repeat the tremendous success he had in 2021-22, but Larsson would be a very interesting add. Similar to Honka in having been a highly touted, first round draft pick who never got it together in the NHL but with the tools to excel in the Swedish league.

If Luleå’s able to work something out with Omark, the forward side looks nearly complete. I think they might want to add one more forward for depth considering Kempe’s injury history and Nikupeteri’s slow progression as a reliable option. I do think it could be fine if we leave the roster like this, as there are certain J20 forwards such as Joel Kant who made good first impressions on the senior team and could make a leap next year.

It’s on defense that we’ve got glaring needs. I don’t know if Hardegård is thought to be a replacement for Engsund, but I’m not seeing enough physical presence on the backend. But at least as crucially: Honka’s solid two-way play and offensive game will be sorely missed unless we replace him with a proven top-4 defenseman.

It’s possible Sellgren could have a bigger offensive role, or that one of the young adds Laaksonen or Jansson quickly closes in on their potential, but Jacob Larsson would be a really exciting addition here.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
1.png
Marcus Sylvegård (RW)
Malmö Redhawks50172340

Talk about flying under the rader. He is one of the best players in SHL. And he is gritty to add to that.

Is he that good or just a player putting up points on a bad team?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Is he that good or just a player putting up points on a bad team?
he is good, also gritty

Omark* - Tyrväinen - Andreasson
Connolly - Kempe - Shinnimin
Zdrahal - David Lilja - Nikola Pasic
Eklind - Berglund - Einar Emanuelsson
Nikupeteri

Gustafsson - Ludvig Jansson
Sellgren - ?
Hardegård - Laaksonen*
Själin

Lassinantti
Ward

* = yet to be confirmed

Decided to have another look at what’s happening to the roster. Team’s mostly been confirming rumors in the media following the playoff exit. Unfortunately, Omark hasn’t been confirmed, despite himself announcing his return during the Swiss championship celebrations, which is slightly worrisome.

Sami Lepistö and Jacob Larsson have been rumored before but the former I think will stay in Finland, and the latter is probably entertaining other offers and could be a long shot? Not sure. I don’t know if we can expect Lepistö to repeat the tremendous success he had in 2021-22, but Larsson would be a very interesting add. Similar to Honka in having been a highly touted, first round draft pick who never got it together in the NHL but with the tools to excel in the Swedish league.

If Luleå’s able to work something out with Omark, the forward side looks nearly complete. I think they might want to add one more forward for depth considering Kempe’s injury history and Nikupeteri’s slow progression as a reliable option. I do think it could be fine if we leave the roster like this, as there are certain J20 forwards such as Joel Kant who made good first impressions on the senior team and could make a leap next year.

It’s on defense that we’ve got glaring needs. I don’t know if Hardegård is thought to be a replacement for Engsund, but I’m not seeing enough physical presence on the backend. But at least as crucially: Honka’s solid two-way play and offensive game will be sorely missed unless we replace him with a proven top-4 defenseman.

It’s possible Sellgren could have a bigger offensive role, or that one of the young adds Laaksonen or Jansson quickly closes in on their potential, but Jacob Larsson would be a really exciting addition here.
E.Sylvegård instead of Emanuelsson would be perfect

Lindbäck staying in Brynäs btw

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Luleå announced a new defenseman: Frederic Allard.

Never heard of him. Based on his stats it seems like he used to have some offensive upside that he’s lost in more recent years. Good two-way defenseman with some tenacity, from what I gather. I’d guess Jacob Larsson is out of the picture, unless Allard is supposed to be Engsund’s replacement. We’ll see, I expect another defensive addition and Larsson remains titillating, barring new rumors.

E.Sylvegård instead of Emanuelsson would be perfect

Emil wouldn’t look out of place in Luleå, but it seems he will follow his brother to Växjö.

I love Einar and wish him to get back to scoring shape next season since he doesn’t really contribute a whole lot else if he can’t convert on the chances he creates. Might be the case that he could benefit from a short-term loan to HA, but before then I hope Bulan will find a line where he fits and can thrive again with the new roster additions.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Earlier this morning, it was announced that Matt Tompkins was not going to return to Färjestad even with a year left on his contract.

Then the other puzzle piece fell into place as Jonas Johansson signs a two-year deal with Färjestad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Does anyone have any knowledge about where Östlund, Öhgren and Lekkerimäki might be playing next season? Aftonbladet brought up that Östlund was rumored to Skellefteå.
Öhgren -> Färjestad

Lekkerimäki closing in on deal with Örebro

Östlund, no further information since initial rumor with Skellefteå

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
I assume he will play with Andreasson and Tyrväinen?

He should, but I could maybe see them trying Einar (scored 5 goals on Omark’s line in the finals when Andreasson got suspended) or one of Pasic or Lilja there. If Mario Kempe gets healthy, we might have two really dangerous lines.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Oskar Kvist have signed an extension with Brynäs and also bringing in Oliver Tärnström and Kasper Larsen.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Agreed. I dont think its too far fetched both Schira and Maxwell will leave. Maxwell is a solid center but does not have enough impact as a import player.

Bäckman will unfortunately retire, too bad on that kind of talent.

Did Mattias Bäckman retire? What was his issues, injuries?

There's now rumours he could sign to Finland.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Did Mattias Bäckman retire? What was his issues, injuries?

There's now rumours he could sign to Finland.
He was never healthy after coming back to Sweden, either played half a season or just a handful of games. Skipped last season because of it.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Timashov, Davidson, Olkinuora and Ruohomaa strongly rumoured to MoDo.

Timashov - Ruohomaa - Ranta
Aagaard - Vigneault - Niederbach
Södergran - Dickinson - Walterholm
O.Pettersson - Karlsson - Ohlsson

Bernhardt - Rundblad
Davidson - Näsen
Wahlberg - Berg/Folin

Olkinuora
Eriksson Ek

Enough to stay in SHL?

Reactions: Bijelo

Ad