Shipping to Canada?

GeneralSwell

Oct 3, 2008
Does anyone know of any reliable sites that will ship to Canada? I tried ordering off of hockeygiant but received a call a day later saying they couldn't ship to Canada. Seems that hockeymonkey is the same. I'm trying to order a pair of Bauer Vapor RX:25 inline skates

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
I ordered some sticks from HockeyMonkey about a year ago. They shipped (I'm in Toronto), but I had to pay about $140 cash on delivery to the courier on top of what I paid for the product. To be fair, though, the customer service rep was up front about this when she contacted me to confirm my order. She couldn't tell me how much I would have to pay (depends on the courier's pricing structure I guess), but did warn me that it could be a significant amount.

Tbone54

Jul 3, 2006
Depending on some brands, they actually cant ship across the border. So its probably why you cant get those skates shipped.

I've ordered from Hockey Monkey to Toronto, I always make sure to use USPS, instead of UPS. For whatever reason the duty / gst cost seems to be less.

First order I made with about 800 bucks worth of stuff I had no GST or Duty to pay. But ordered just a stick, and ended up paying GST.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Bauer does not let American retailers ship to Canada, they want you to pay the inflated prices that they charge withing Canada. These sites are allowed to ship gear from certain manufacturers only, and even with the gear they will ship you'll likely have to pay a tonne of duty, easily negating any savings. Sometimes you get lucky and whoever looks over your order at Canada customs lets it slide, but in general you will be blindsided by duty when it crosses the border, and they'll hold your gear ransom until you pay. The only time it makes sense to buy online from Canada is when you buy something off ebay from a seller who will mark it as a gift to avoid duty, but even that is a risk. Really it almost always ends up cheaper and easier to just buy withing Canada, even if the advertised price is higher.

AirTimid

Jan 22, 2011
I just ordered some Graf shinpads from Hockey Monkey. I made sure to choose USPS and got it in a week. No duties or taxes. I'm in Halifax.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I just ordered some Graf shinpads from Hockey Monkey. I made sure to choose USPS and got it in a week. No duties or taxes. I'm in Halifax.
You got lucky, it's basically a roll of the dice. I've never ordered hockey gear from the states, but have ordered similar products like snowboard gear, and whether or not you get hit with duty is basically random IMO, just depends on the actual guard who clears your order at the border.

GeneralSwell

Oct 3, 2008
Bauer does not let American retailers ship to Canada, they want you to pay the inflated prices that they charge withing Canada. These sites are allowed to ship gear from certain manufacturers only, and even with the gear they will ship you'll likely have to pay a tonne of duty, easily negating any savings. Sometimes you get lucky and whoever looks over your order at Canada customs lets it slide, but in general you will be blindsided by duty when it crosses the border, and they'll hold your gear ransom until you pay. The only time it makes sense to buy online from Canada is when you buy something off ebay from a seller who will mark it as a gift to avoid duty, but even that is a risk. Really it almost always ends up cheaper and easier to just buy withing Canada, even if the advertised price is higher.

Ya I called in and they told me the can't ship Bauer or Missions to Canada. Unfortunately, all of the stores in my area seem to have absolute **** when it comes to inline skates. Any suggestions on a site I can purchase online that is within Canada so I can actually get the skates shipped?

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ

I ordered my mission VN pro helmet from Hockey monkey 4 months go and I had it shipped via USpost. picked it up from my local post office in Ontario paid the 13.00 bucks CAD customs and the whole thing took about 10 days.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Ya I called in and they told me the can't ship Bauer or Missions to Canada. Unfortunately, all of the stores in my area seem to have absolute **** when it comes to inline skates. Any suggestions on a site I can purchase online that is within Canada so I can actually get the skates shipped?
Do you live in or near Toronto? If so you should be able to find plenty of stores with decent roller selections. Fit is by far the most important thing for any skate, roller or ice, I would never buy a skate online personally, you really have to try a tonne on and see what fits best, only way to do that is in a store. There's plenty of gear that I'd be fine with ordering online, but not skates.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'd like to know as well. I'm trying to buy four roller blade wheels and bearings for some outdoor hockey (76-80 mm and 78-82A, at least abec-5). I've been going through a bunch of sites but they're all American and the Canadian ones are so expensive that you might as well go out and buy a pair of $90 skates.

I found a shop called TGM or something on Canada but they actually charge for shipping in Canada. Does anyone know of a Canadian shop on eBay or wherever which sells wheels/bearings, I basically wanna avoid customs even if the shipping cost itself is $10 or $15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad