Shipachyov? What gives??

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you look through the player lists on NHL.com you'll find all sorts of examples that contradict this. For example, Anton Krysanov, age 30, drafted in 2005, is still listed with Arizona holding his rights. He never signed an SPC or played in the NHL. Another one: Sergei Gayduchenko, drafted 2007 by Florida.

Maxim Chudinov, drafted by the Bruins in 2010, is no longer their property.

Go to the Bruins team page and look under Europe Prospects, he's no longer listed, despite the fact if you Google him, you can find his NHL.com page with a Bruins logo.

This site even states he's formerly property of the Bruins.

even long-time defenseman Maxim Chudinov, former property of the Bruins

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/10/overseas-notes-da-costa-streit-steen.html

If they are drafted but never come over and sign a SPC, eventually they are no longer property of that club.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Maxim Chudinov, drafted by the Bruins in 2010, is no longer their property.

Go to the Bruins team page and look under Europe Prospects, he's no longer listed, despite the fact if you Google him, you can find his NHL.com page with a Bruins logo.

This site even states he's formerly property of the Bruins.

even long-time defenseman Maxim Chudinov, former property of the Bruins

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/10/overseas-notes-da-costa-streit-steen.html

If they are drafted but never come over and sign a SPC, eventually they are no longer property of that club.

As you note, NHL.com still lists Chudinov as belonging to the Bruins.

https://www.nhl.com/player/maxim-chudinov-8475892

The CBA defines a process where "Defected Players" can become UFA's. But they don't automatically become UFA's just by virtue of reaching age 27.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I think Vegas should just part ways and accept a loss. Package Ship + Gusev together and get a solid return/prospect/picks back.

I prefer they demote him and he gets his game together. Then we have another centerman who can dish it on a first or second line.

Now, if he's been difficult to coach or otherwise a problem in the locker room, that would change things. But I haven't heard anything like that yet.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
If anyone in the Vegas area can answer this, I’d really appreciate it. I’m looking for a Vadim Shirsey. Are they made to anyone’s knowledge??

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Problems adapting to NHL game... No wonder if he plays 10 minute a night. And making conclusions after 3 games. Laughable decisions by the coach.

Reactions: Morrison

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think all the shirseys are custom if you order online, so it should be possible.

I don’t know that Adidas makes a real shirsey though, they’ve all got the weird vertical name thing going.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
"Shirseys" (which I'll define as a t-shirt with player name/# on back) are standard merchandise that teams/league sells. Usually only the more popular players are available.

You might try calling The Arsenal or The Battery (the two team stores at T-Mobile and City National Arenas, respectively) to see what they have.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
"Shirseys" (which I'll define as a t-shirt with player name/# on back) are standard merchandise that teams/league sells. Usually only the more popular players are available.

You might try calling The Arsenal or The Battery (the two team stores at T-Mobile and City National Arenas, respectively) to see what they have.

I tried calling the arsenal but both times I got no answer. I’ll try again tonight on my home from work. Sadly I live on the east coast so that’s why I was hoping someone from the area would have any idea if they were being produced. But thanks everyone ! :)

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
There's a game this afternoon

You might have better luck contacting Battery as they have regular hours. The Arsenal may only be open for games.

Reactions: Nvxs07

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
That's what happens when your GM is nuts and is known to send Russians to AHL "to f*** with them." on actual quote. He did the same in Washington. The question is why the franchise even signed Shipachyov in the first place.

Reactions: Morrison

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I posted this in another thread, but thought it sums up some thought on the situation.

I think two factors here is that Ship came over and knows almost no English, with no other Russians on the team I'm sure it's quite hard on him to come over and adapt to everything; new coach, line mates, ice size, tactics, etc. On the other side of the coin, it may be hard for Gallant to communicate too and thus he prefers playing players he's more comfortable with even if they aren't as skilled.

Factor number two to keep in mind is that, despite this team being 8-1 it's still an expansion team, the coaching staff has to evaluate 30 some odd players in just a couple weeks. Of course the first thing people say is, "why don't they just waive Hunt" or "GMGM is such a moron, waive Sbisa", but those guys have actually played really well for Vegas when they got their chance. Sure a guy like Reinhart looks like a bust, and he may end up being a bust, but if their coaching staff thinks he's fixable it's something they have to look into or they aren't doing their jobs.

It's a really unfortunate situation that may not have happened had this not been Vegas' first season, IMO.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That's what happens when your GM is nuts and is known to send Russians to AHL "to **** with them." on actual quote. He did the same in Washington. The question is why the franchise even signed Shipachyov in the first place.

To **** with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad