Shift disturbers in 2024 Draft

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Yegor Surin. Plays like a menace, unafraid to get wild in how he plays, and has the offense to match. Yakemchuk plays pretty tough as well, big penalty drawer thanks to his aggressive play.

Gabriel Eliasson is insanely rough to go against. If he gets drafted it's because he plays like a goddamn pitbull. He's brutal.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Yakemchuk reminds me of Dion Phaneuf. ill start with that.

But idk, kinda hard to really determine this. It’s very much on the personality of the player. Some develop these traits later. Some mature. For instance, a lot of USHL’ers who were known for their rambunctious style of play mellowed out once they played college as the rules are much more strict in regards to fighting and altercations.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
10 names that first came to mind. Some may not be the best examples. And I’m sure I’m forgetting some. But these are guy who tend to get under the opponents skin for a variety of reasons. Whether it’s between whistles or after plays. Some it’s more motor and others is more violence. Or just play style.

Yakemchuk
Brandsegg-Nygard
Surin
Chernyshov
Miettinen
Solberg
Wetsch
Thorpe
Brunet
Taimazov

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
10 names that first came to mind. Some may not be the best examples. And I’m sure I’m forgetting some. But these are guy who tend to get under the opponents skin for a variety of reasons. Whether it’s between whistles or after plays. Some it’s more motor and others is more violence. Or just play style.

Yakemchuk
Brandsegg-Nygard
Surin
Chernyshov
Miettinen
Solberg
Wetsch
Thorpe
Brunet
Taimazov
Thorpe is fun. I've grown to like his offensive game as well. Blossomed a bit later but is doing well, although he was one of last year's youngest draft eligibles.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
There's quite a few in the WHL as usual. Yakemchuk, Elick, Roberts and Smith on defense will lay the boom and mix things up. Forwards Wetsch and Lindstrom are the main 2 but guys like Basha, Ritchie, Iginla, Marques, Miettinen aren't shy

Reactions: neelynugs

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He hasn't been that player as much this year but Tanner Howe will likely go late first to early second and has the ability to play a top of the lineup buzzsaw type role like those guys.

Whether or not he has the potential to be that, who knows.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Nathan Villeneuve definitely plays with that edge in his game. I had him going in the second round but he may fall further because of his suspension after the bounty issue.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Excluding overagers, Carter Yakemchuk, Charlie Elick, Landen Ward, Miguel Marques, Jordan Forget, Tanner Howe and Jan Dorthe are the most annoying 2024 draft eligible players I can think of.

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
AJ Spellacy is a blazing speed bottom 6 forward in the O for Windsor who is fearless. Willing to hit, drop the gloves. Has the chance to be an elite PKer with his speed. Passed on at least 5 NCAA D1 football offers (with likely more coming) to focus on hockey full time. He has the football mentality on the ice. Great Value Josh Anderson, not quite as fast as Athanasiou, but there are elements of both in Spellacy. He's from Westlake Ohio, just outside of Cleveland.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
AJ Spellacy is a blazing speed bottom 6 forward in the O for Windsor who is fearless. Willing to hit, drop the gloves. Has the chance to be an elite PKer with his speed. Passed on at least 5 NCAA D1 football offers (with likely more coming) to focus on hockey full time. He has the football mentality on the ice. Great Value Josh Anderson, not quite as fast as Athanasiou, but there are elements of both in Spellacy. He's from Westlake Ohio, just outside of Cleveland.
Wouldn’t call him a shit disturber at all, though.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I hope the Blackhawks grab him with our 2nd . Love what I've seen
He's interesting for sure. To be honest, I'm not completely sold on him. He's gets caught flat footed a lot and can't match some of the foot speed of quick forwards. He'll get walked once a game on average. Surprisingly enough, while he might not have power play upside, he has a really strong offensive touch at 5v5. He's got pro's and cons at both ends of the ice. I would classify him as a two-way d

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He's interesting for sure. To be honest, I'm not completely sold on him. He's gets caught flat footed a lot and can't match some of the foot speed of quick forwards. He'll get walked once a game on average. Surprisingly enough, while he might not have power play upside, he has a really strong offensive touch at 5v5. He's got pro's and cons at both ends of the ice. I would classify him as a two-way d
Terrible decision making too, like it can be downright bad at times that even I notice it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad