Shesterkin Vs Sorokin

Shesterkin or Sorokin?

• Total voters

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Gotta go with shester but sorokin is maybe the best goalie outside of the nhl. He’s unreal. I wish my team had this problem.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
How can you even debate this right now before sorokin steps on north American ice?

If I had to pick who will be better in three years, I'm taking sorokin solely for the reasons that he looks legit internationally but mainly he will be playing behind a trotz system that will be very goalie friendly and defensively responsible in their own end.

Who knows if Quinn will be behind the bench in NY in three years but he's not even close to trotz or running a system even worth comparing to what trotz turns out with his teams every year

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
How can you even debate this right now before sorokin steps on north American ice?

If I had to pick who will be better in three years, I'm taking sorokin solely for the reasons that he looks legit internationally but mainly he will be playing behind a trotz system that will be very goalie friendly and defensively responsible in their own end.

Who knows if Quinn will be behind the bench in NY in three years but he's not even close to trotz or running a system even worth comparing to what trotz turns out with his teams every year

Then how are the Ranger's only a single point behind the Isles in the standings despite having a much worse team on paper?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Then how are the Ranger's only a single point behind the Isles in the standings despite having a much worse team on paper?
Because panarin is a hart trophy candidate along with two very good goalies keeping them in every game while the islanders have trouble scoring with their best player on pace for a 72 point full season? That and the islanders lack a legit top pair defense pairing. Trotzs system is what's keeping them in games and winning what they can.

The islanders are 21st in goals per game in the league while the rangers are 6th

And not sure who is saying the islanders are much worse on paper, the islanders are a very average team that plays above their pedigree since tavares left and trotz came in. The rangers are just younger, but there is certainly more talent there than on LI currently

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Because panarin is a hart trophy candidate along with two very good goalies keeping them in every game while the islanders have trouble scoring with their best player on pace for a 72 point full season? That and the islanders lack a legit top pair defense pairing. Trotzs system is what's keeping them in games and winning what they can.

The islanders are 21st in goals per game in the league while the rangers are 6th

And not sure who is saying the islanders are much worse on paper, the islanders are a very average team that plays above their pedigree since tavares left and trotz came in. The rangers are just younger, but there is certainly more talent there than on LI currently

Sounds like a coaching problem to me.

And every single person pegged the Isles to be a playoff team and the Rangers to be a bottom team at the start of the season. Isles went on that magic run then fell back down to earth and Trotz couldn't do anything to fix it.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

And every single person pegged the Isles to be a playoff team and the Rangers to be a bottom team at the start of the season. Isles went on that magic run then fell back down to earth and Trotz couldn't do anything to fix it.
Sounds like you need to take an honest look at their roster

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017

what planet do you live on? Tsn, espn, hockeywriters, many others including most of Hfboards had rangers ahead of the isles.... oh yea and Las Vegas who had the rangers with better odds to win the cup and games. Rangers under over for points this year was 88.5 coming into the year. Based off the previous year that’s better than 14 other teams....

I get it you are trying to paint this narrative that everyone said the rangers would be bottom team this year and they had this amazing Cinderella story but it’s not true. In fact most people saw the rangers young talent and had them both ahead of the isles and contending if not making the playoff...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5