Shesterkin v. Demko

Shesterkin or Demko

• Total voters

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Why is Demko getting all these recent threads comparing him to other goalies?
He just got his opportunity as a starter and now there's an argument that the kid should be getting Vezina consideration. That's why.

Timing seems convenient.
What?

Player plays well in his first full season. Players gets praised.

Seems like a simple enough equation. Nothing convenient about it at all.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The timing is based on him becoming an NHL starter. Not that complicated.

I'm talking about the two threads in the last week or two comparing Demko to the two most highly regarded young goalies in the league. Obviously it's with the idea that Demko would now do better on the poll than he would before his recent run of good play.

I actually had way more of an issue with the comparison to Hart. Looking at the stats, it's not like Demko is doing better than Shestyorkin, so it's not as if the form of the players is polar-opposite and any votes should be changed based on this season's form, like it is with Demko and Hart.

I could've pointed it out in the Hart thread, but decided not to. I like Demko. Always have. I said to trade Markstrom. I complimented Demko's recent play. I don't think this is a fluke. I think he's good. Another thread in the same time frame comparing him to the other most hyped young goalie in the league, I don't think its coincidental timing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why is Shesterkin struggling right now? (I haven't been following NYR)

Aren't both highly touted prospects from the same draft 1/2 through their 1st seasons as starters? Seems fine.

He's not. He has the same exact SV% as Demko. The timing is way more convenient with the recent comparison to Hart.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Timing seems convenient.
Coming from a guy who had the gall to say your goalie was a legit Calder contender after 10 games is a little pot, kettle, no?
Demko since the bubble has had 7 bad games, all during a stretch anyone without an agenda would put very little of that on him.
Nobody in the league has faced and saved the amount high danger shots as him. The same analytics that most consider Vezina criteria he is destroying his peers.
Have you watched even one game out here? I doubt it since you and Jovo post some of the worst takes on Nuck players.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
The only shot of Demko winning this poll is when Shesterkin's been injured for almost 3 weeks while Demko is on a hot streak, and he's still losing the poll lol
Ya case HF voters are never wrong.
He's not. He has the same exact SV% as Demko. The timing is way more convenient with the recent comparison to Hart.
Your a big advanced stats guy, funny how Demko is #1 in most of the important ones yet your guy is nowhere near the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad