Sherwood Composite

• Thread starter CheeseSandwich*
  • Start date

CheeseSandwich*

Hey I'm looking at a sherwood composite at costco in Ottawa. It's on for $60.

I forget the model name, but is it going to be crap and not last?

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
pretty sure here the response you're gonna get is " you get what you pay for". I bought a 70 dollar bauernike one piece from Canadian Tire. Its pretty durable but thats about it, im not into the feel it has.

rusty_nails

Feb 5, 2007
Thorold
just bought a SHerWooD RM9 for 129CAD.
all other sticks that i looked at were retailing for 249 CAD. It was a debate between the RM9 and the New Response Lite. The response had to be the lightest stick I have ever handled. But when it came down to bang for buck the Sherwood was the best bet. The SWD spezza curve is dirty.... AND i contributed the $100 savings to the rusty nails beer fund :D

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
The RM9 is a nice feeling stick. I saw one the other day and couldn't believe it was only $120 US.

Wonder how the durability of these sticks are.

sj250

Jan 20, 2007
I have 2 RM7 momentum's in the Crosby curve. It took a bit to get used to coming from my wood sticks but I really like them now. Very light and great feel!

rusty_nails

Feb 5, 2007
Thorold
Wonder how the durability of these sticks are.

Will let you know how mine works out.

i will be playing my 2nd game with it tonight.

After using a bauer for so long, it is hard to get used to a different stick...

good feel, nice grip, good kick, lovely curve tho

greech

Jul 17, 2004
Boston
I have an RM9, two actually. I'd been breaking sticks like crazy, and for $120 USD, it is and unbelievable value. Good pop, great puck feel, and the sticks are absolute tanks!

neophool*

where can one go about getting these sticks in the USA?

most places i've called have said thye are jsut comin out in canada now for like $130

greech

Jul 17, 2004
Boston
where can one go about getting these sticks in the USA?

most places i've called have said thye are jsut comin out in canada now for like $130

Where are you in the USA? The only place I've seen in the northeast is Pure Hockey.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
canadian tire sherwood stick

I just picked up the Sherwood Momentum at Crappy Tire for 60 bucks.

I've been looking for any Sherwood one-piece with a Coffey curve on it all the time.

Haven't used it yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

http://canadiantire.ca/browse/produ...older_id=1408474396672249&bmUID=1170787394572

I bought this stick also as a backup and wow, my shot is incredible with it. It's a bit hard to keep my shot low with the Coffey curve but I just shorten my follow through and put my hands a bit closer and it works.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
I bought this stick also as a backup and wow, my shot is incredible with it. It's a bit hard to keep my shot low with the Coffey curve but I just shorten my follow through and put my hands a bit closer and it works.

Can certainly zip off a wrister in a hurry with it eh? Though you are right, you need a half hour or so to get used to the Coffey curve (which I think is bigger than the natural Coffey curve Sherwood uses).

Either way I'm going to pick up another one so I have a backup.

When I find a stick I like, I tend to stick with it (no pun intended). I've only used three sticks in the last five years: Sherwood 5030 Coffey curve, Graf G3 and now this Sherwood.

So far, this latest one is the best.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I don't think this Coffey curve is legal though. I have not measured it but I wouldn't want the other team to call a stick measurement during a game!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Most leagues don't have an illegal curve rule anymore. Canadian Minor hockey doesn't, at least not the league I coach in (Alliance).

I just got a Response Lite and SE, I don't pay full price usually, and didn't for these. If you like that stick, and its in your price range grab it. I've always looked for good deals on E-bay or last seasons close-outs for sticks. I've had good luck with that and just getting lucky on forums and such.

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005

I can see why

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Sherwood just gave me an RM9 Crosby curve to sample after giving a presentation to my company, who is considering financing them. I haven't gotten it on the ice yet, but it feels like a nice stick. I'll let you know what I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad