Post-Game Talk: Shero - Bylsma (Non-)Apocalyptic End of Season Press Conference | +/- Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- Bylsma 2-year extension
- Tony Granato 2-year extension
- Todd Reirden 2-year extension
- Huge support for MAF
- Asking the coach questions.
+ WE A FAMILY!

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

This team makes me feel nostalgic for the days of my youth. Where Americans everywhere became family.

I take my avatar comments back. Sister Sledge Avatars this summer and into next year are appropriate. If painful.

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
What was the response?

Pretty much he said he's not a coach and that he asked the players about other coaches they had in the past. Then he somehow ended up on that coaches can make too many adjustments at times, and that game 2 killed us.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm just going to start mourning next year's playoff elimination, now. That might end Bylsma, maybe, possibly, probably not.

The issues start at the top, there's nothing that can be done for that. Not unless they start making less money. Things do unfortunately make a lot more sense now.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
the theme in pittsburgh sports lately, no accountability

-keeping maf and letang means dupuis is gone i think

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Feels like we just got beaten 6-1 all over again.

It's worse than that; it feels like another sweep is coming and everyone is content to accept it.

On the one hand, I DO ADMIRE the willingness of the staff to put together a culture that does show some respect and allegiance to player who had a bad season. And we always talk in sports about how good teams never stay together anymore that FA ruins everything... so there's that.

But the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. Having allegiance to a fault is no better than having none, IF the #1 goal of the organization is winning titles. I'm not sure that it is right now. They may THINK it is, and they may feel like they're "doing the right thing" with all this. But from an outside perspective, the accountability definitely takes a hit.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
+ I'm not getting center ice next year
+ I get to watch the blackhawks on local TV
- I'm not getting center ice next year

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
What was the response?

1. Shero, while the son of a coach who should be in the Hall of Fame, does not feel qualified enough to evaluate strategy. he's comfortable talking about it, but not evaluating it.

2. adjustments were made by the time they got to game three. has no idea what happened in game two. actually nobody from the players to the coach has any idea what happened in game two.

3. SOMETIMEZ 2 MANY ADJUSTMENTS ARE MADE!

Iron Mike

May 7, 2012
We have to face some hard truths today. This organization doesn't care about winning as much as we thought they do. They just want to be a big happy family together. This is one of the saddest days in Penguins history. I feel worse today than when the Red Wings took the cup in Game 6. At least I could believe in the future of that team.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Hopefully this kills the church of ray that has been established here over the years. The man is the most overrated GM in the league. He gave up Joe Morrow a guy who was one of the teams top prospects for a guy he apparently knew was going into the bottom 6. We all knew it was a trash move and it played out as one. He doubled down on the failures of Bylsma and Fleury. He went out to get Iginla.. why? If he knew full well there wasnt a RW slot for him why on earth did he shell out what he did for that? The man was gift wrapped two generational talents and most all the core pieces of the team and the only thing he has to show for it was 1 cup win years ago. Meanwhile teams with less now are approaching their 2nd in a shorter duration of time. It's time for the buck to stop with him and people focusing their anger soley on Bylsma perhaps need to rethink their manlove for the guy who apparently believs Dan Bylsma is just a swell coach.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
We have to face some hard truths today. This organization doesn't care about winning as much as we thought they do. They just want to be a big happy family together. This is one of the saddest days in Penguins history. I feel worse today than when the Red Wings took the cup in Game 6. At least I could believe in the future of that team.

$$$$$$$$

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
+ Adams extension
+ Dupuis playing with Crosby forever
+ **** youth
+ coal miners
+ Hot Tamale + Hanlan's Pont

Iron Mike

May 7, 2012
Hopefully this kills the church of ray that has been established here over the years. The man is the most overrated GM in the league. He gave up Joe Morrow a guy who was one of the teams top prospects for a guy he apparently knew was going into the bottom 6. We all knew it was a trash move and it played out as one. He doubled down on the failures of Bylsma and Fleury. He went out to get Iginla.. why? If he knew full well there wasnt a RW slot for him why on earth did he shell out what he did for that? The man was gift wrapped two generational talents and most all the core pieces of the team and the only thing he has to show for it was 1 cup win years ago. Meanwhile teams with less now are approaching their 2nd in a shorter duration of time. It's time for the buck to stop with him and people focusing their anger soley on Bylsma perhaps need to rethink their manlove for the guy who apparently believs Dan Bylsma is just a swell coach.

Absolutely correct. He is just as stubborn and arrogant as Bylsma. I think he is the president of the church of ray. The guy literally believes he can do no wrong. Let's also not forget he tried to extend Staal last summer and keep the 3-center model that got picked apart by Philly and was no longer viable. He is like the kid a preschool trying to pound the square peg in the round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad