Sheldon Keefe out in Toronto

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The cycle will only end when the city of Toronto fires itself.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
His regular season coaching record is good, would not be surprised he will land in Pittsburg. IMO he was not the problem in Toronto. I actually think he is a good coach. Shanahan has used his fire the GM card, and fire 2 coaches cards, he is next on the clock. Running out of people to blame.

Look in the mirror, Shanny, You hired Dubas, and that was the genesis that started all the failures for the organization.

Reactions: Petrus

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Keefe’s wasn’t good but Treliving really struggles with coaching hires. MLSE can likely offer more money than Calgary ever would but there’s a very real chance his replacement won’t be great

Reactions: Mosby

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
That's an expected step 1. Keep going with the entire coaching staff. Then Shanny. Then start on the roster moves.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
In typical Toronto fashion, it's the coaches fault. How many coaches will this team ditch before they start to realize this core of players aren't playoff performers. Never have and never will. Changes to on ice personnel are needed for anything significant to happen. The coach is just a deflection of the facts.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Never understood the hype in this guy, the media thought he was the next Scotty Bowman from all the years they pumped his tires.
I mean Keefe has the 10th best record of coaches all time when it comes to win% in the regular season. And I think we can all agree that Toronto has had a flawed roster all that time.

I'm not saying he's one of the best in the league, but he is a good coach. And a young one at that, he can still improve so much. There should be plenty of interest.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He was probably longer Leafs coach than he should've been. 5 season as a headcoach is almost in eternity these days especially if you don't have any playoff success. That collapse against the Habs probably should've already ended his tenure.

We'll see who succeeds him . I suspect it'll be the most high profile guy Leafs can get , whoever that is. Doubt it'll be another first time head coach.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Everyone saying he wasn't a bad coach. He was a twit. You could take a 10 year old girl and make her coach and still get the same record with that roster.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
In times like this, please spare a moment to think of the HFB servers. May their death be swift

500318EB50006040006EFC2B16364FFBA0B28377

Again, the Toronto maple leafs take over the leagues headlines and the fans attention

They don’t even need to be playing to be the talk of the league.

Its great to be on top :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad