Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I feel like we had a totally different Keefe this season than years past. I liked him better than I used to which isn’t saying much. But still I feel he may have been hindered under Dubas for whatever reason. He didn’t do as much stupid shit this year. Lol the bar is so low

Reactions: Jojalu

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I want any coach that this hfboard doesn't want honestly.... everyone here wanted Keefe, dubas, shanny and look how they turned out.. oh and Babcock, remember the hype on here..... fans are so dam clueless ... so hope we get someone that ppl here Don't want
I really don’t want Brind’Amour and neither does this board.
1715306093528.jpeg

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It won't reap that. Unless you think this is EA Sports. You can wish things like this, but it takes years to turn that kind of thing around. What team is going to give up "three harder nosed" players for Mitch Marner?
Many teams, they are moved all the time or become UFAs. How many did the Leafs pick up this offseason and at the deadline and they didn't give up an on-ice asset?

Someone is in the NHL for a reason. Teams that are on the outside looking in like to shed players for a cup of coffee, Cap Space is king.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I'm against Quenneville as I believe it's a bad precedent to care more about potentially winning a bit more over morality. But I'm old school - and don't comment on things like this if you haven't yourself been tasked with standing up and saying something when you're being told to be quiet and be a good soldier . . . easy to chirp from the sidelines, but it isn't in fact easy. But still wrong to support.

Haven't done any deep dive on the coaches, but I know we need a taskmaster, accountability, someone with a backbone who can handle the highest heat of the TO media, but also stand up against entitled stars. Needs to be tough and fearless.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Employing the opposite theory, if Sullivan becomes available we should be backing the MLSE cash dump truck to his front lawn.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Playoff loser Leafs - Matthews for Playoff loser Canes - Aho. Tre would then just need to find a goalie. Canes would need to find a coach.

Reactions: JKG33

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'm against Quenneville as I believe it's a bad precedent to care more about potentially winning a bit more over morality. But I'm old school - and don't comment on things like this if you haven't yourself been tasked with standing up and saying something when you're being told to be quiet and be a good soldier . . . easy to chirp from the sidelines, but it isn't in fact easy. But still wrong to support.
100%

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Matthews ain't affraid to drop em if he has to. Marner is absolute TRASH. He is a regular season player but a playoff dud. He is in his late 20s closer to 30 eyars old than 5 years ago and hasnt shown F all. Marner gotta GO!

Nylander at least tries, has speed and plays the boards well when he is the late guy in; Marner is once again absolute TRASH

P.S. Not a complete fight here the start is missing where Matthews initially threw a huge left hook which stamkos ducked else stamkos would have been in teh hospital counting stars

That Matthews fight isn't the flex you think it is lmao. Getting you ass beat by the smaller Stamkos isn't a good look

Pens fans talk about Sullivan the same way Leafs fans talk about Keefe. .
1. Sullivan's won 2 cups. Wtf has Keefe done?

2. Pens fans were also excited to hire Dubas. Anyone excited for that dipshit automatically has 0 credibility

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
That Matthews fight isn't the flex you think it is lmao. Getting you ass beat by the smaller Stamkos isn't a good look

the video isn't in full. Matthews throws a left hook and stamkos ducks and matthews lost balance. just youtube the entire fight from teh begining

Reactions: Cleetus

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
There are only a handful of nhl coaching gigs, and only a few that get to do it for the long term.

Some would call that severance, and I’m sure you’d want one if you were let go.
Also, deep down Keefe has gotta know he got a lot longer of a leash than he truly deserved thanks to his bosses' shit for brains. There's been better coaches who accomplished more and still got fired sooner. He'd need to have basically 0 self awareness to not see that he's lucky to have lasted longer than 2 yrs

the video isn't in full. Matthews throws a left hook and stamkos ducks and matthews lost balance. just youtube the entire fight from teh begining
I've seen that fight plenty

Reactions: ToneDog

LeafsGuy16

LeafsGuy16
Sep 4, 2018
Keefe seems like a good person, so I feel for him. At the end of the day I never thought he was a good coach here. He was soft from the beginning and the star players controlled the team. He didn’t seem like much of a leader or motivator. Watch him speak to the team in the Amazon series or blue print and compare that with like John Herdman. For those who don’t know Herdman was the former coach of the Women’s and Men’s National Soccer team and now TFC. IMO watching them both, they’re in completely different leagues. Not to mention tactically we couldn’t get to the net or figure out the PP in the playoffs. Like the guy, hopefully a fresh start helps him grow as a coach and us grow as a team.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Also, deep down Keefe has gotta know he got a lot longer of a leash than he truly deserved thanks to his bosses' shit for brains. There's been better coaches who accomplished more and still got fired sooner. He'd need to have basically 0 self awareness to not see that he's lucky to have lasted longer than 2 yrs

I've seen that fight plenty
Hawks fired Savard a few games into the season after Blues fired Q. Dubas stuck with Keefe when Trotz, Cassidy, DeBoer, Gallant, Laviolette, and Tochett were all available.

The rest is history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad