Sheahan and Tinordi vs Watson and Pysyk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Well depends on needs I guess.

Sheahan is a big powerforward who can hit and play great defense, the offensive potential is there and he really lit up the second half of the season and Canada junior camp as well as the playoffs, he had a slow start offensively which leads people to question his consistency.

I haven't seen much of Watson, but he had a pretty standard statistical season for a guy in the OHL in his post draft season.

Watson and Sheahan are very similar players, Sheahans a bit bigger and stronger and overall has a bit higher ceiling (he was ranked 5th at mid term) so I would take him, but wouldn't question anyone who took Watson.

I like Tinnordi out of the other 2 just because of personal prefernce, a big tough defenseman who can play and fight has a lot of value and even if he isn't what a team quite needs, he has higher trade value than other guys who aren't tough to go along with their skill set.

I guess I take Sheahan and Tinnordi basically for size and toughness to go with their skill set

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It's a very interesting group of prospects to me. I followed Windsor pretty closely when Watson was there, kinda liked him, thought he could do more, felt vindicated when he did so after the trade, but actually figured he'd keep it up this year, whereas instead he had a stagnant-ish season. Sheahan seemed to rip it up a bit in the Team Canada selection camp, which was surprising based on his lack of stats otherwise. I'm not familiar with his play in the NCAA, but I hope he does well, since I used my own FHL 1st rounder on him last year despite the lack of familiarity. :)

On the D's, as a Habs fan of course I hope for Tinordi to pan out. I was thoroughly unimpressed with early season viewings of him. He got a bit better, and was always seen as a project anyway, but... well, I'm not optimistic. Then again, the few times I've seen Pysyk I've thought he was too much the 'tweener, no specialties or traits that made me think he'd be very likely to amount to much either. I guess I'd go with Tinordi, because at least if he does pan out he's got some qualities that seem to me to be a bit more rare than whatever generic mix of versatility Pysyk might one day provide. :dunno:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It's a very interesting group of prospects to me. I followed Windsor pretty closely when Watson was there, kinda liked him, thought he could do more, felt vindicated when he did so after the trade, but actually figured he'd keep it up this year, whereas instead he had a stagnant-ish season. Sheahan seemed to rip it up a bit in the Team Canada selection camp, which was surprising based on his lack of stats otherwise. I'm not familiar with his play in the NCAA, but I hope he does well, since I used my own FHL 1st rounder on him last year despite the lack of familiarity. :)

On the D's, as a Habs fan of course I hope for Tinordi to pan out. I was thoroughly unimpressed with early season viewings of him. He got a bit better, and was always seen as a project anyway, but... well, I'm not optimistic. Then again, the few times I've seen Pysyk I've thought he was too much the 'tweener, no specialties or traits that made me think he'd be very likely to amount to much either. I guess I'd go with Tinordi, because at least if he does pan out he's got some qualities that seem to me to be a bit more rare than whatever generic mix of versatility Pysyk might one day provide. :dunno:

Yeah post canada camp Sheahan was also almost a ppg player while being Notre Dames shut down guy, if he pans out he is gonig to be a really good player.

And yeah Pysyk does seem like a bit of a tweener. No real outstanding qualities if you ask me which may make a fine defenseman one day, but often guys like that aren't the tye that take over games unless he develops a real niche doing something. Tinorrdi hitting his peak potential is a really scary guy to play against who can put up points

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
After the offseason and the season about to start up, how would people answer this question going into the 2011 season?

What do you project for these guys doing this upcoming season and who would you rather have?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I take Watson and Pysyk easily. Sheahen had a strong World Junior camp and finally had some semblance of offensive production late in the year but I'll still easily take the bigger Watson who has shown strong play at both ends of the ice in the OHL. Tinordi just wasn't good last year, got better near the end of the season but he never really played like a top pairing defenseman in the OHL for an extended period of time. Pysyk took a nice step forward and started showing some of the offensive potential he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad