Value of: Shea Weber

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I usually get heat for my offers, but you never know. Hall did get traded for Larsson. If that thread were made I can bet it'd be locked.

But anyway, what would it take to send Weber elsewhere. I personally think Vancouver is the best fit for him right now. Can't think of the best offer right now. Just want to see what you guys think.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Meh, bad contract, his skating is ugly and teams play a 1-3-1 on the PP, his one time bomb from the point is becoming obsolete. Low shot that produce rebounds from the point is a much higher percentage play. Weber's game is becoming extinct. I'm not saying he's a bad player just his skill set isn't worth investing assets to get.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
As a leaf fan. I would trade a 1st, top prospect(kapanen) and a roster player. Would it be enough. That’s on you.

Considering that roster player is usually an expiring free agent and that's Leaf's fans offers for 3/4th of the good players in the NHL... probably not and rightfully so.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
He has more value to AM34's points total while playing on the Habs.

Contract makes him immovable as well.

I know, I know.."Horton, Clarkson" etc.

Won't be able to move Weber.

Reactions: LondonKendrick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Habs will just have to put up with Weber and his contract for another 4 yrs.Then he'll retire and the cap hit will switch back to the Preds.

Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Meh, bad contract, his skating is ugly and teams play a 1-3-1 on the PP, his one time bomb from the point is becoming obsolete. Low shot that produce rebounds from the point is a much higher percentage play. Weber's game is becoming extinct. I'm not saying he's a bad player just his skill set isn't worth investing assets to get.
Lol at saying his skating is ugly. Shows how much you watch Weber play.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Any proposed has no logic to it, unless his contract is considered 7.8m for 7 years I believe. Just about any team could sign a UFA for 7.8m and not give up any assets for a younger player with lesser downside due to age.
About the the only logical trade for Weber is for Subban but that has been done. As soon a RHD Dman is mentioned, it turns into a Leaf trade. I challenge any one to construct a logical Leaf roster in 2019/20 and 2020/21, that have would allow Weber to fit under the cap. Even next year the Leafs have performance carryover, so it doesn't even make cap sense.

Reactions: RealityBytes

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Shea Weber is a unique talent and easily a top 10 d in the league. he is underpaid at 7.8 and insured from inability to play because of recapture penalty to nashville. From leafs it would be Nylander, gardiner, first. Or Rielly , marner, first. Go ahead though. revel in the fact leafs appear better than the habs for first time this century.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Shea Weber is a unique talent and easily a top 10 d in the league. he is underpaid at 7.8 and insured from inability to play because of recapture penalty to nashville. From leafs it would be Nylander, gardiner, first. Or Rielly , marner, first. Go ahead though. revel in the fact leafs appear better than the habs for first time this century.
:laugh: Too busy laughing at your post to revel in anything.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

How do you figure it’s immovable? He got traded to Montreal.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lol....ya, the Leafs will for sure offer that up.....

Reactions: kb

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He was great at the Vancouver Olympics. That was then, this is now.

After watching last nights game I dont think he helps the Leafs

No real interest in him here,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad