Not open for further replies.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
No.

Still no.
He doesn’t speak for all leafs fans lol

Toronto: Weber 50% retained

Montreal: Rasmus Sandin, Alex Kerfoot and 1st 2021

that’s a more fair offer. Sandin has tremendous value and is exactly what habs need he projects to be a number 1 guy and is already effective in the NHL.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

that’s a more fair offer. Sandin has tremendous value and is exactly what habs need he projects to be a
number 1 guy and is already effective in the NHL.

lol why would we retain 50% on Weber and take on Kerfoot's bad deal

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

that’s a more fair offer. Sandin has tremendous value and is exactly what habs need he projects to be a number 1 guy and is already effective in the NHL.

While the OP is terrible for Montreal, there is absolutely no chance I do this. Sandin is too important to move for a 34 year old and trading our 1st every year isnt a recipe for success. Although I would include it in the right deal, the 1st along with Sandin is too much.

lol why would we retain 50% on Weber and take on Kerfoot's bad deal

Nothing is wrong with Kerfoots deal.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He's going to be 35 in August with 6 or 7 more years remaining I don't know that I want that
He has two more seasons where he makes $6m a year. Then it drops to $3m for a season, then $1m for the last three years. Anyone who believes he’ll keep playing beyond the next 3 seasons if he’s no longer contributing on the ice is out to lunch. Montreal isn’t worried about his contract or him playing it out. Honestly you’d have to overpay to get him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Do you hate Dubas for the Muzzin contract?

That's not even close to the same, Muzzin is almost 4 years younger, has 2 or 3 years less on his contract and is over 2 million dollars cheaper.

Not even close to the same, whatever point you trying to make doesn't work in this situation

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
I cant believe this is a serious trade offer. I’m pretty sure Weber retires as a Hab.

Hyman +Marner for Tatar + Byron 2nd....... see where im going?

Exactly.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
They get out of half of Webers contract. This is close to the Phaneuf deal if not better.
As an outsider, this is straight up horseshit for Montreal.

Weber has a crappy contract but he’s still a damn good dmen. And the crappiness in his contract is more detrimental for the Preds.

Awful proposal. Say your apologies and move on for creating an atrocious offer and having the Audacity for trying to defend it.

Shame. SHHHAAAAAAMMMMEEE.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
DOnt want Weber with his age and contract on the leafs but that being said this is bad for the habs lol.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Weber is not Subban. He still can play all be it not what he used to be. MTL would not pick up 4m and also not get equal value in trade.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
That's not even close to the same, Muzzin is almost 4 years younger, has 2 or 3 years less on his contract and is over 2 million dollars cheaper.

Not even close to the same, whatever point you trying to make doesn't work in this situation
OP states a 50% retention on the Weber contract. You really would prefer:
Muzzin @ 5.625m for 4 years
over
Webber @ 3.957m for 6 years
This is an absolute no brainer for me.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
He's going to be 35 in August with 6 or 7 more years remaining I don't know that I want that
Look at cap number vs actual cash number. Actual cash next 2 years 6m a year. Following year 3m. last 3 years 1m. Weber will either play 2 or 3 years and then retire. And Nashville is on the hook for the cash not MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad