Pre-Game Talk: Shea Weber Returns, MTL @ NSH 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
My money is boos rain down. Or crickets.

If they even remember who he is...

It would be awesome if Weber could blast a cannon from the point to get the GWG, but I hope it's not our sole PP strategy.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
If they even remember who he is...

It would be awesome if Weber could blast a cannon from the point to get the GWG, but I hope it's not our sole PP strategy.

We have more than one? News to me!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
My money is boos rain down. Or crickets.

Im REALLY surprised people would say this

He's clearly going to get tons of cheers

maybe not as loud as during last years all star game skills competition

but ....why in the world would he get booed

not even considering how jipped the fans must feel now that subbans out for the year

They miss Shea, and theyre gonna cheer him 100%

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Im REALLY surprised people would say this

He's clearly going to get tons of cheers

maybe not as loud as during last years all star game skills competition

but ....why in the world would he get booed

not even considering how jipped the fans must feel now that subbans out for the year

They miss Shea, and theyre gonna cheer him 100%

I think he was talking about the reception for Radulov - not Weber.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pacioretty hurt at practice....received a shot from Weber. Had to be taken out by 2 players....geez...:shakehead

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think he was talking about the reception for Radulov - not Weber.

ahhh my bad if the case, makes a bit more sense

Pacioretty hurt at practice....received a shot from Weber. Had to be taken out by 2 players....geez...:shakehead

Unreal. lets see if max the heal factor legend can heal up in time for the game, otherwise, hopefully its not long term...

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
As much as we didn't really know what we got when we got Weber, I can say I didn't know he was such a big deal in Nashville.

We got the foundation stone of their franchise. Not just a star, but THEIR star.

From all I've read this week and even the comments from Poile, there seems to be a touch of remorse emanating from the trade on Nashville's end. Maybe the warm fuzzies are meant to distract Weber, but they sure do seem genuine.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Absolutely we wouldn't have heard the end of it. Trading for a player four years older and he has a back problem? There'd be good reason to trash MB for it.

As for PK, hopefully he's alright. If his back is screwed then I guess it is what it is. Regardless, I hate this trade and think it was a huge step back for us.

Can you point out to me where I mentioned the Habs trading for a Weber with a KNOWN back issue. That's something you invented to suit your agenda. My point was if Weber developed a back issue.....

PK wasn't traded with a back issue. He DEVELOPED the issue in Nashville. He's four years younger & according to the predictions made on this forum when the trade went down, things like that happen to the older player. So much for the crystal ball predictions.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
You wonder if Pacioretty was hit in the same place where he had his recent foot problem.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
From all I've read this week and even the comments from Poile, there seems to be a touch of remorse emanating from the trade on Nashville's end. Maybe the warm fuzzies are meant to distract Weber, but they sure do seem genuine.

Naw, you're imagining things. :sarcasm: There's no seller remorse in Nashville. They received a top 3 d-man for a - what did Berkshire rate him as - 30-40th d-man?

Meanwhile the Habs are holding their own during a horrendous injury filled period and Nashville is out of the playoffs. But how can that be? They have the best defense corps in the league.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
When this trade went down all the detractors were pointing at Weber's age and claiming he was in physical decline.

Come on. Any player can be injured at any time. 20 years old or 35 years old it doesn't matter you can be out for the season at any time. The comments about Weber's age had absolutely nothing to do with any possible injuries.

Last edited:

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Pacioretty got hurt in practice from a shot from Weber on his right foot

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Meanwhile the Habs are holding their own during a horrendous injury filled period and Nashville is out of the playoffs. But how can that be? They have the best defense corps in the league.

Habs have 1 win in their last 5 games. They have 2 losses more than wins in december. They are not holding their own right now and if things continue like they did in december they'll be out of the playoffs at the end of the season. Luckily AG will return and things will turn around. But lately it's not looking good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad