Shea Weber out 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Kypreos is getting flak for this but Mckenzie pretty much validated the rumor on 690 and he hardly ever corroborates false reports. Also the Habs have displayed a lack of transparency as of late especially when it comes to injuries. As a Habs fan I and many others have learned not to fully trust injury reports coming from the team as they have often been deceiving.

Hopefully the outcome will lean on the positive side of things, but I'm not ready to shit on Kypreos just yet.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
75937712256361p

Reactions: Betelgeuse

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Shea Weber another season where he does nothing in the playoffs. Most overrated player in hockey. Don't think the habs make the playoffs again with this anchor of a contract and brittle toast on their roster. BuT hE sHoOtS tHe PuCk HaRd, they said.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I like Weber and the type of game he brings but is this actually better for Montreal? Glad he is ok and his career isn't over but Montreal is now stuck with his contract for 6 more years??? Gonna be 35 next year.
Obviously he probably isn't gonna be traded this year now (not that MB was gonna trade him to begin with)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I am the opposite of shocked that Kypreos rushed a rumour with sources out.

I like Weber and the type of game he brings but is this actually better for Montreal? Glad he is ok and his career isn't over but Montreal is now stuck with his contract for 6 more years??? Gonna be 35 next year.
Obviously he probably isn't gonna be traded this year now (not that MB was gonna trade him to begin with)

Montreal is not "stuck" with his contract. Its a back diving contract for which their cap recapture punishment is minimal. If Weber isn't playing at a high level, they have plenty of options.

They're likely "stuck" with Price's contract.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I am the opposite of shocked that Kypreos rushed a rumour with sources out.

Montreal is not "stuck" with his contract. Its a back diving contract for which their cap recapture punishment is minimal. If Weber isn't playing at a high level, they have plenty of options.

They're likely "stuck" with Price's contract.
Does the cap recapture only work if Weber retires??? What if he doesn't retire or isn't injured long term? Doesn't Montreal still have to absorb the cap hit?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he isn't injured long term, then he comes back and plays. If he is on LTIR, then there is cap relief.

How do you sprain an ankle in the skates they have these days, anyway? They are like ski boots. A sprained ankle seems more like a basketball, tennis, or soccer injury.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Big loss for the Habs but at least it allows clarity on packing in the year. Glad it's not as bad as Kypreos implied.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
So 5 days ago it was a 4-6 week injury, and now he's playing soon.

Man must be superhuman lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad