Player Discussion Shea Weber - Man Mountain or Gentle Giant? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Where's the 'mean' Webby we were being sold in the off season? He's constantly pulling up from throwing obvious hits and has been a non factor physically for almost the entirety of the season. This is of course putting aside his poor PK'ing abilities and struggles at 5 v 5.

Yeesh, we need more from him at 8 million per year.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Over-reactions aside: I remember a friend used to tell me Suter was actually better than Weber.

Over the last few years this seems to be true. This isn't a shot at weber or me calling him inadequate or whatever. Just an observation.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Still one of the only ones that can hit a ****ing net with a shot... Weber, Patches... anyone else hit a net? I mean, in the last 20 games? Markov and NB shoot well wide, and Petry is one of the worst defenders we have had since Patrick Traverse.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Can we PLEASE get Subban back?? Lets ask the Preds. I hope once BErgevin geyts booted, the first move done by the new GM is trade Weber for Subban. Subban & Habs (minus MB and MT) = True love

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The Chuck Norris of hockey, he can stop players at the blue with a single menacing stare.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Shea is making me nostalgic. I see him sometimes and he makes me think of Peter Popovic....:sarcasm:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Can we PLEASE get Subban back?? Lets ask the Preds. I hope once BErgevin geyts booted, the first move done by the new GM is trade Weber for Subban. Subban & Habs (minus MB and MT) = True love

Better look at what PK is delivering in Nashville, because it isn't much for his pricetag either.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Over-reactions aside: I remember a friend used to tell me Suter was actually better than Weber.

Over the last few years this seems to be true. This isn't a shot at weber or me calling him inadequate or whatever. Just an observation.

Not tooting my own horn but I did worry for him because it would be his first season without an Elite D partner, or certainly one whose elite at transitioning the puck, but that's not important. Character, leadership, playing the right way, yada yada yada... I think

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Better look at what PK is delivering in Nashville, because it isn't much for his pricetag either.

idc cuz subban plays at his best under the spotlight, which MTL was perfect for him. Nsh isnt the ideal place for him.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I swear this guy has to be injured. He's on pace for 30 less hits than last season and he seems to shy away from contact. I want him to let loose like Emelin has been doing this season, because he looks timid like Tinordi right now.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Man mountain, Canada's finest/biggest/meanest, most intimidating D... is pretty disappointing to be honest. Weber's incredible leadership will not make this team collapse like last year they said.

The only thing that was true about him is his shot... the rest is pretty average. He's nowhere as intimidating as advertised. He's not bad.. but really not that dominant.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...as I've said since Meathead Michel put them together, how can you expect Norris Candidate Weber when he's dragging around a 250 lb anchor on his back??... :dunno:

...get Weber an actual Top Pairing puck-moving partner and watch the difference...

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
...as I've said since Meathead Michel put them together, how can you expect Norris Candidate Weber when he's dragging around a 250 lb anchor on his back??... :dunno:

...get Weber an actual Top Pairing puck-moving partner and watch the difference...

Do you honestly think PK would've struggled this much with any pairing? I'll tell you he wouldn't, because he's actually mobile and can make a first pass.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Do you honestly think PK would've struggled this much with any pairing? I'll tell you he wouldn't, because he's actually mobile and can make a first pass.

Thats exactly why the habs are so inept offensively. How can you create any offense when u got Weber and god damn Emelin moving the puck :cry:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't know how any team can be successful without a good puck mover on D? Weber cannot make a good first pass to save his life, Emelin is the puck mover on that pairing, freaking Emelin, I can't believe I am even saying this.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
lol no way Bergevin will ever do this. Hopefully, the new GM has the balls to do this move. Oh well, we just wasted Subban. Could have been worse, right?

Bergevin won't be here by then. He will wither get fired this offseason or next one.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...PK had to drag Emelin around himself for far too long and suffered because of it...and no, I am and always will be one of those that was opposed to this trade; I'm just pointing out that anyone that's been paired with Emelin over the last couple of years, be it Weber or PK or Petry or Markov, has had their offensive game struggle because of having to always be aware that Emelin could make a ridiculously **** poor decision/play at any moment...oh, and his complete inability to remain in his proper position defensively due to his irrational need to "go for a skate" at the absolute worst time; kinda like a cat chasing a laser pointer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad