Shea Weber early favorite for the Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
After all the bashing Weber received in the offseason, he more than deserve a thread like this.

And there's a thread about Radulov being the 2nd best russian, a thread about Matthews leading the league in pts, there was a thread about karlsson 4 games in, a thread about Provorov being horrible defensively, etc. This thread is nowhere near as bad as those mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Makes as much sense as Weber right now.

I agree a 7 game sample is ridiculous stupid to look at, that would just mean the hottest player and not the best wins the trophy.
But if you are to say whos been better so far Weber or EK, it just has to be Weber and by a longshot imo. Other than points (which dont tell the whole story), Weber has been a monster defensively and has a +12. Also Weber has scored or created some big time goals that have won the Habs the game or put them in a situation to do so. Like against the Islanders, he got the GWG and before that the Go ahead goal.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
No lol..

After all the bashing Weber received in the offseason, he more than deserve a thread like this.

And there's a thread about Radulov being the 2nd best russian, a thread about Matthews leading the league in pts, there was a thread about karlsson 4 games in, a thread about Provorov being horrible defensively, etc. This thread is nowhere near as bad as those mentioned above.

Of course it is: it's much worse in fact because the title of the thread is "Early favourite to win a trophy awarded over 82 games-worth of performance, 7 games into the season".

It's worse than all of the threads you named by a considerable margin.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No lol..

No he doesn't. He deserve to be praised ON OUR BOARD. But you are making us look stupid with that title. Would you freakin wait a big 3-4 months before talking about trophies? Geez man come on...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I agree a 7 game sample is ridiculous stupid to look at, that would just mean the hottest player and not the best wins the trophy.
But if you are to say whos been better so far Weber or EK, it just has to be Weber and by a longshot imo. Other than points (which dont tell the whole story), Weber has been a monster defensively and has a +12. Also Weber has scored or created some big time goals that have won the Habs the game or put them in a situation to do so. Like against the Islanders, he got the GWG and before that the Go ahead goal.

So what?

7 games. Just becasue Weber is good now does not mean he will be later on.

When Karlsson got his 2nd Norris, it was during the 2nd half of the season that won it for him.

The Norris doesn't really give two ***** what defenseman do in October.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Of course it is: it's much worse in fact because the title of the thread is "Early favourite to win a trophy awarded over 82 games-worth of performance, 7 games into the season".

It's worse than all of the threads you named by a considerable margin.

So it's okay for Matthews to be the favourite for the calder before the season starts? It's for McDavid to be the favourite for the art ross before the season starts? It's okay for Price to be the vezina favourite before the season starts? But its not okay for Weber to be the early favourite for the norris when we've seen at least some games on how good he is?

No he doesn't. He deserve to be praised ON OUR BOARD. But you are making us look stupid with that title. Would you freakin wait a big 3-4 months before talking about trophies? Geez man come on...

If you don't like this thread you don't have to post or read anything in it, you know that?
And I said early favorite, maybe it's a bit too early, but 3-4 months is already past the mid point of the season lmao

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So what?

7 games. Just becasue Weber is good now does not mean he will be later on.

When Karlsson got his 2nd Norris, it was during the 2nd half of the season that won it for him.

The Norris doesn't really give two ***** what defenseman do in October.

Did I say anywhere that Weber is going to win the norris after 7 games???
Seriously can't people read the title. It clearly says early favorite. Sure 7 games is very early, but I don't expect his game to dip too much for the next 20+ games.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
200.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Seriously can't people read the title. It clearly says early favorite. Sure 7 games is very early, but I don't expect his game to dip too much for the next 20+ games.

I did read the title, but i am saying that there is no early favorite for the Norris.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
So it's okay for Matthews to be the favourite for the calder before the season starts? It's for McDavid to be the favourite for the art ross before the season starts? It's okay for Price to be the vezina favourite before the season starts? But its not okay for Weber to be the early favourite for the norris when we've seen at least some games on how good he is?

If you don't like this thread you don't have to post or read anything in it, you know that?
And I said early favorite, maybe it's a bit too early, but 3-4 months is already past the mid point of the season lmao

Agreed. People hate these threads yet they still come in and contribute to it. Learn to ignore threads you don't like.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Brent Burns was the leading defensive scorer for like two weeks and nobody's gushing about him.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
7 gp, 3 goals, 9 pts (2nd in the league), +12 (1st in the league)

Habs are 6-0-1 with Weber

Scored the game winning goal tonight against the Islanders

So is he the favorite right now?

And Matthews is the favorite for art Ross, while panic is in contention for the rocket Richard.

I don't even want to talk about early candidates.... it's still too early for early candidates. That's how young the season is.

On behalf of the vast majority of habs fans, let me apologize to the rest of the hf community for this thread.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I don't see why not.

The Due Doughty hype train was in full effect at this point last year- and with less to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad