Shea Weber appreciation thread

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I still don't think I've completely processed this. Once he signed that huge contract I thought it was basically a given that Weber would be the first Pred to play a long career nowhere but Nashville, retire a Pred, and eventually see his number hanging in the Bridgestone rafters after leading the team to a Cup or two and winning at least one Norris as a Predator. He has always seemed like a class act and gave his all on the ice for his teammates. I wish him the best of luck.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
yeah, if something goes wrong with this deal, its a franchise crippler
Well, "if something goes wrong" is a vague statement. If he isn't the fantastic, dynamic player he was in Montreal we can still be fine because it's hard to believe Weber will continue to produce at a level that we got accustomed to seeing. His production will likely drop in the near future. So, Subban can "underachieve" a bit and it could still be a wash. If PK gets plagued with injuries, yeah this could be a tough one but that's all up to fate.

But anyway I don't want to change the topic of appreciating the Predators GOAT.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Well damn, I guess I need a new avatar.

Anyways, I would like to thank Shea for all the great memories he's been a part of over his career. Enjoy Montreal, we will miss you.

You will forever be #6 and THE CAPTAIN to me.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
I still haven't fully processed this trade and worked through the shock. This guy has done so much for our franchise and team, it's hard to imagine life without #6 patrolling the blueline. He is universally admired and I can only imagine he had the respect and commitment of every player in the room. Maybe he'll finally get his Norris, and when he goes to the HHOF, I hope he can remember his time in Nashville with only good memories. Thanks for everything you've done Captain!

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
I understand why, and I can get on board with the new guy, but damn this still stings. I'm gonna miss watching him smash people, punching guys lights out, and shooting holes through players from the point with that cannon. The guy is a buzz saw.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Somehow, I don't think that's a warning he needs. Dug would drag him home by his ears, anyway.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
If anyone wants a cheap Weber jersey dick's sporting goods in Clarksville has about 10 Weber premier replica jerseys going for 43 bucks. The same jersey goes for 170$ for a forsberg one.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I went to Dick's in Mt. Juliet last Friday and they still said $170. Maybe they've been marked down now. Will be going by the Pro Shop on Monday, though--wonder if they still have any? I would get a 20% discount there I think.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
I went to Dick's in Mt. Juliet last Friday and they still said $170. Maybe they've been marked down now. Will be going by the Pro Shop on Monday, though--wonder if they still have any? I would get a 20% discount there I think.

Yeah it's marked down from 170 to 85 and they now have it an additional 50 percent off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad