Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere UFA contract

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I look forward to pointing and laughing at whichever team overpays for him. His defense is bad and he loaded up on assists when the whole red wing team was shooting well above expected.

We went down this path once before with the flyers

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
He was an absolute force against Montreal tonight. He was unreal in the 3rd and was the reason for the relentless pressure that resulted in the tying goal. His jumping catch of the puck to keep the puck in at the blue line was one of the nicest plays I've seen to keep a puck in maybe ever. Definitely a better player than HF experts give him credit for but that doesn't make him a rare case lol.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He was an absolute force against Montreal tonight. He was unreal in the 3rd and was the reason for the relentless pressure that resulted in the tying goal. His jumping catch of the puck to keep the puck in at the blue line was one of the nicest plays I've seen to keep a puck in maybe ever. Definitely a better player than HF experts give him credit for but that doesn't make him a rare case lol.
Ghost has plays where you think he's got top pairing ability but then he Brendan Smith just handing the other team goals with an awful turnover. That's like all of our defensemen to be fair, but I don't see him ever being good enough to be paid like a top 2-3 dman like he probably wants. Someone will probably get desperate and give it to him. I'm fine with the spot opening up.

Reactions: Realgud

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe 5M short-term.

0.55 points per game season got him 4.1M short-term.
0.68 points per game season should get him 5.1M short-term.

And not from Detroit.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
He will get about 5M on a one-year deal from a bad team with cap space that can flip him at the deadline for assets.

Reactions: Czechboy

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Currently having his second best scoring season with 54 points, what does he get in UFA?

Scoring HAS NEVER BEEN his problem. But in the new NHL he needs to be able to play in his own zone. A team that is rebuilding or spare slot my go after him but he wont be high on many team lists because of poor defensive skills. One reason the Canes pick him up was hoping he would get them pts in the playoffs last year and got 3 in 15 games. Games get tighter in the playoffs

He will get about 5M on a one-year deal from a bad team with cap space that can flip him at the deadline for assets.
he has not proven anything in the playoffs. Maybe a fringe team would do something but a team that will be in the playoffs will be looking for an all around D man at the deadline

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You can get the highs and lows of Ghost from last night's game.

That leap to grab the puck saved our season... His piss poor effort to get back and cover the Hab that blew by him to score their third goal almost cost us our season.

Personally, while last night's moment was nice, I'm ready to move on from him. I don't even think he's particularly great as a PPQB, he just was there so that they could completely focus Seider on defensive matchups.

Reactions: LarKing and Realgud

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Can see him rejoing the Coyotes' franchise as they head out to Utah. I'm sure that ownership group is looking to spend quite a bit to bring that organization up to par.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curufinwe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Dude is the most sheltered D in the league. Buyer be f***ing ware...

1713279519294.png

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
He brings a nice element but for every nice offensive play he makes there is usually 2 or 3 a game where he misses his assignment and it's in the back of the net or very close to it. I'd be okay bringing him back up if they shake up some of the other pieces the Wings have on the back end. If he wants term, let him walk.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I look forward to pointing and laughing at whichever team overpays for him. His defense is bad and he loaded up on assists when the whole red wing team was shooting well above expected.

We went down this path once before with the flyers
And Carolina went down the Angelo path again for some reason, and got zero value for money even at $1.675m. :laugh:

Reactions: SnS

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
And Carolina went down the Angelo path again for some reason, and got zero value for money even at $1.675m. :laugh:
I feel like you are trying to lessened the blow of trading all the assets to get rid of ghost. Or the fact that Philly traded 3 assets for TdA and bought him out. You whiffed on spiking the ball there.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He's a gifted passer of the puck but over the course of the season I think he causes more problems in your own end than he makes up for in the other end. Which actually says a lot about how much of a problem it is.

I don't know if a team will give him term, he will sign a similar deal this offseason but not in Detroit.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He’s a player that remains in a bit of a pickle. His age kind of rules him out from factoring into rebuilding team’s longterm plans. His player type is less useful to good teams because most of them have a powerplay QB already and even if he’s a little better than who they have on PP1 right now, if there’s roster politics involved (I.e., someone getting paid and treated as an overall franchise defenseman) they’ll lean towards staying rather than replacing. Powerplay 2 doesn’t matter much and gets used less frequently in current meta. Unlike good definitely PK’ing defensemen, which are ALWAYS in demand, teams can never have too many of them. He is also a LD, which is a lot more common and thus less coveted than if he were a righty. So it’s gonna be tough to find a good home and where he can cash in on a good season financially.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He’s a player that remains in a bit of a pickle. His age kind of rules him out from factoring into rebuilding team’s longterm plans. His player type is less useful to good teams because most of them have a powerplay QB already and even if he’s a little better than who they have on PP1 right now, if there’s roster politics involved (I.e., someone getting paid and treated as an overall franchise defenseman) they’ll lean towards staying rather than replacing. Powerplay 2 doesn’t matter much and gets used less frequently in current meta. Unlike good definitely PK’ing defensemen, which are ALWAYS in demand, teams can never have too many of them. He is also a LD, which is a lot more common and thus less coveted than if he were a righty. So it’s gonna be tough to find a good home and where he can cash in on a good season financially.
He shoots left, but plays on the right. The few games he played on the left this season were a nightmare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad