Shatty's back

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Shatty will have you cheering in the regular season and crying in the playoffs. I still don’t understand this move by Tampa. They didn’t need more scoring.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even if its in the repair shop for most of the year?

Yup. Because we have 5 others that'll do just fine.

Look, if the coach is dumb enough to play Shattenkirk if and when he turns into a tirefire? That's on the coach. But having that kind of offensive asset in your back pocket, to use when you want and/or need it? I don't really see where the issue is. The only issue that might pop up, and it has already, is misuse.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good for Shatty. Was against the Rangers buying him out and was disappointed Anaheim couldn’t lock him up for that price. But they came off one to their worst seasons, Tampa had one of their best so don’t blame him for signing with Tampa, I would do the same If I wanted a better chance to win. A player like Shatty is what the Ducks need on their PP.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good for Shatty. Was against the Rangers buying him out and was disappointed Anaheim couldn’t lock him up for that price. But they came off one to their worst seasons, Tampa had one of their best so don’t blame him for signing with Tampa, I would do the same If I wanted a better chance to win. A player like Shatty is what the Ducks need on their PP.

I think his motivation is one last big contract, moreso even than winning. Which is fine by me. He looks great in our offense. Defense has been shaky. I'd say the D has been as advertised, but the O has surpassed our expectations.

I mean, he really could put up 40 points on a 1.75 deal, while the rest of the team covers for him defensively. So, all in all, still great deal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think his motivation is one last big contract, moreso even than winning. Which is fine by me. He looks great in our offense. Defense has been shaky. I'd say the D has been as advertised, but the O has surpassed our expectations.

I mean, he really could put up 40 points on a 1.75 deal, while the rest of the team covers for him defensively. So, all in all, still great deal.

Well that’s the thing. With guys like Vasi or Gibson in net you can afford to take the shaky D, especially if he is putting up that kind of production as a D.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Great play and as an aside it is cool listening to the announcers actually say so - it is going to be fun watching him this year.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Over the years lots of Blues made me cry in the playoffs but not Shatty - we got the best of him. Just might be the right coach and team for him now - hope so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is a nice goal, but the real promising thing, for us, is he gets the puck on net a lot. That, combined with his vision, I think makes him a net positive.

When the guy is this good offensively, but makes just 1.75, you can't expect much in the way of defense. But most defenders making 1.75 don't give you offense OR defense, so I'm gonna call this contract a win.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
These team's uniforms look like an intersquad scrimmage

Been preaching this since the Bolts made their awful change to their unis. With Stevie Y gone I'm hoping the whole Detroit Maple Leafs jerseys and logo thing can go away. This isn't an original 6 team and their whole look is a dumpster fire. When the Bolts and Leafs play it's a huge reason why they should go back to black for primary unis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad