Shattenkirk to have abdominal surgery (out for weeks)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
they say week to week... what does that mean??? I just don't know if that means 1-2 weeks or like 6-8 weeks

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sucks, but it could be much worse. He'll be back in time for the playoffs.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Would have gotten Norris votes. God this sucks. Idk how we keep up with the Preds without him. Bring on the Hawks again...

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
Happens to most teams I guess, but ****--we ALWAYS lose several players at once when we're playing our best hockey seems like EVERY season. A shame for 22, he was putting together a Norris-worthy season.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Pardon my ignorance, but why would it take 7-10 days for him to see a surgeon? Like, I understand surgeons have schedules, and they can't drop everything for professional sports, but I'm surprised there aren't any strings the team can pull to get him in sooner. Bummed.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Pardon my ignorance, but why would it take 7-10 days for him to see a surgeon? Like, I understand surgeons have schedules, and they can't drop everything for professional sports, but I'm surprised there aren't any strings the team can pull to get him in sooner. Bummed.

Just an educated guess. I would assume it's to let the inflammation go down. I know when I got my hernias they sucked for a couple days then were off and on noticeable

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Yeah, I'm sure a surgeon who went to school for years and is responsible for lives will push aside people who need the surgery to live/have been on the waiting lists for months so a guy can get back to playing a kids game for millions.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
they say week to week... what does that mean??? I just don't know if that means 1-2 weeks or like 6-8 weeks

It means the recovery time is measured in weeks. They evaluate the player every week to see how their recovery is coming along. For things like abdominal surgery, it depends on the kind of surgery but it can be anywhere from a week to over a month. All depends on what he had done and how well his body recovers. Abdominal surgery sucks though. You don't realize just how much you use those muscles until a doctor cuts you up. :laugh:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

Swelling or inflammation may be too much right now. They'll wait for that.

Someone just said that typical recovery time in previous cases was 5-6 weeks. Add on the time taken before surgery and your looking at last week of March.

hermes3893*

Amazing that he has the most assists on a team with so much offensive talent. Hope he recovers soon.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Buffalo curse. Islanders and St. Louis may be two of the best teams in the league but we have yo picks and you guys are slowly getting injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad