Rumor: Shattenkirk for Krejci?

Mad Brills*

Forgot to add: Buccigross isn't a great source, but he is credible.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Seems like it could be good for both sides. Boston badly needs a PMD, St. Louis could really use help down the middle. Maybe add a prospect from St. Louis to even things out due to Shattenkirk's expiring contract.

Shattenkirk + Rattie for Krejci + 4th round pick

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
There are far worse insiders out there than Bucci. He seems to be pretty connected in the NCAA and USNTDP sphere. Logical he could get something out of someone there regarding Shattenkirk considering his roots.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Shattenkirk would likely need to agree to an extension, but we'd also need to dump cap. This would be a deal with multiple pieces on each side.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yeah, this wouldn't be a swap... Cap doesn't work and a signed Krejci for 1 year of Shattenkirk is very lopsided.

If we signed Backes long-term to replace Krejci... I will not be very happy. According to Backes, this was clearly not the plan, either. He gets a lot of flack but he's still been a very good #1C for the majority of his career, he's an important leader on the team and I don't think we can afford to lose any more of those. That being said we desperately need a top-pairing D now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins didn't bring in Backes just to deal Krejci.

He was brought in to compliment Krejci and Bergeron.

I don't believe this rumor for one second.

The media has been spit-balling Krejci being available ever since Backes was signed. Completely ignoring the fact that Backes can play RW, and Boston signed him to give them a formidable two-way three-headed monster up the middle, on a team and coach that puts significant defensive responsibility on their centers.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Probably would have to send Lehtera or Berglund along with Shatty to make the cap work

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Also adding, Krejci has an NTC to put in consideration. But perhaps thinking in the bigger picture.

Krejci was also close with Sobotka from their Providence days, perhaps part of luring them both to St. Louis.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

The media has been spit-balling Krejci being available ever since Backes was signed. Completely ignoring the fact that Backes can play RW, and Boston signed him to give them a formidable two-way three-headed monster up the middle, on a team and coach that puts significant defensive responsibility on their centers.

You have to give to get.

While a "three headed monster" down the middle would be great, our defense is the weakest link. Losing Krejci hurts, but if we improve our defense, it's still not a position of weakness.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I love it for both and have always wondered why this rumor hasn't been bigger cause I heard it a while back and thought it was perfect

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I think there would be +'s on each side.

It definitely could not be a 1-1. If this would actually happen 1-1 with no +, it would pretty much signify that Sweeney cracked under the pressure of providing a top D for an overpayment (which in itself I would perhaps understand, but only if it was a signed top D coming back).

Agree Shattenkirk would've to sign long term with Boston. And probably St Louis would need to add another player or so. Even Krejci is worth more then a just a resigned Shattenkirk.

You just read my mind. :handclap:

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Also doesn't make sense to pay 3 centers over 6 million each with Spooner's contract coming up next year either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad