Proposal: Shattenkirk For Duchene.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
If the teams could make this work, do you think this would be a fair trade?

(though I will admit I cant see shattenkirk wanting to stay on with the avs, I just think the value is fair)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah. Last place Colorado will trade their most valuable trade chip (outside of Mackinnon who isn't going anywhere) for a rental.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If Colorado is dumb enough to do that then you have my approval

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That's vomit worthy for the Avs. So bad. :shakehead

1. Terrible value.
2. They need a young, cost controlled LHD, not a RHD in his prime about to reach UFA.
3. Shattenkirk is making it clear that he has a specific place in mind, which isn't anywhere near Colorado.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If the teams could make this work, do you think this would be a fair trade?

(though I will admit I cant see shattenkirk wanting to stay on with the avs, I just think the value is fair)

First Shattenkirk for Maatta and now this. Why would any team want to trade a highly valued piece for someone who doesn't have a contract past this year and who is a free agent? Makes zero sense.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Straight up, gawd no Colorado wouldn't do this, but if they are in full rebuild mode, a deal with Shattenkirk involved, where they could flip him again might work. But it would have to be Shattenkirk and a bunch of ++++. If Sakic wanted to get a good haul, plus a little extra, he could play it like the Sabres did when the Blues traded them Halak and Stewart. Trading Halak off again as an extra piece, getting even more to help a rebuild. Just saying...could work, but I don't think this is anywhere in the cards, plus one of the add-ons would probably be Fabbri and I HIGHLY doubt the Blues are giving up on Fabbri unless it's for someone much better than Duchene.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
First Shattenkirk for Maatta and now this. Why would any team want to trade a highly valued piece for someone who doesn't have a contract past this year and who is a free agent? Makes zero sense.

But at least in Colorado's case Shattenkirk can give them a boost to still finish in last place this year so they get that value.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Doug Armstrong were given this offer, he'd hang up the phone immediately...assuming that he was being "punk'd", or the victim of some scam. There's 'too good to be true', then there's 'so ridiculous, it's an insult to my intelligence'. This is the latter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad