Post-Game Talk: SHATTENCAPS @ rags 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
So is KSK slotted into the pp1 tonight or do they wait and give him some practice time with the unit first?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
hopefully he's on the first unit, our regular season games aren't super important so get him in there as soon as possible, real games are better than practice.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I would think his stats get him on the pp1, but it might not turn out that way.
I do think that its the Caps priority to win the division and win their divisional games down the stretch in the process. I don't think they are going to do a lot of monkeying around with the lineup.

Shattenkirk will get Niskanen's pp time to start, with 2 coming off getting dinged.
As BMac said, there are egos to sooth and it would be interested to know how attached Niskanen is to that pp toi. Orlov's time on the pp is done for now barring injury

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I kind of expect a distracted, out of rhythm loss. 3 lines are juggled. A new guy on D.

Might be a thing, but that's just sort of what it feels like

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Need Wilson to stir s*** up.
Sha-k needs to learn to hate the Rangers quickly, haha.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Hope the team gives Shattenkirk a good reason not to play for the Rangers next season.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Congrats on a great trade! Just curious if anyone here has seen the defense pairings listed.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Congrats on a great trade! Just curious if anyone here has seen the defense pairings listed.

For tonight it's probably going to be:

Alzner-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Schmidt-Shattenkirk

Not sure what it's going to be going forward.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Thats the forgotten consequence of the ShatnerKirk trade, Sanford is gone, so Vrana gets to show his stuff. :handclap:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I do think that its the Caps priority to win the division and win their divisional games down the stretch in the process.

Thats a tall order given we only have a 5 pt lead on the Pens and our remaining schedule is moderately difficult while theirs is a joke. I think the priority should be trying to stay healthy. If we are healthy for the playoffs, even if we are a middling seed, look out.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Thats a tall order given we only have a 5 pt lead on the Pens and our remaining schedule is moderately difficult while theirs is a joke. I think the priority should be trying to stay healthy. If we are healthy for the playoffs, even if we are a middling seed, look out.

I guess I don't see it. Pens have Dallas and Chicago back to back on the road this week as a for instance. The Caps have a home heavy schedule. The Pens less so.

Tall order or not, they need to win the division. To become a a "middling seed" they will stumble into the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad