Sep 19, 2008
89371.jpg

@Fixed to Ruin

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Captain Kirk is finally doing it! going where noman has gone before... or atleast 90 year olds..

I think Scottie beat him there, though it was to take his ashes up. I was going to make a joke but then read this:

Actor James Doohan, who played “Scotty” on Star Trek, only had nine fingers. Doohan, a pilot and captain in the Royal Canadian Artillery Regiment, was shot six times storming Juno Beach on D-Day. One bullet blew off his middle finger, four hit his leg and one struck him in the chest.

A Canadian Boy to boot...

Sep 19, 2008
A personal moment here:

As the rocket lifted off around 10:50 EST I watched from my bedroom on TV and I could not help but shed a tear. Tears swelled up in my eyes, like they did long ago, when I grew up watching space flights on the television back in the day.

Back then they were an enormous source of pride and honor. Here they were, these Americans, going to space to research science. There was something exciting about it, something great. It was my dream.

Sadly that dream was never achieved. But to this day I still think back to those times, when I was a wee lad, watching space flights every morning as the 4 major networks did (and still do today) cut into regular programming, to show you a rocket blasting off into space. Back then, the hype was always great for a space flight, and the hype still remains there today.

I'm not an Amazon shill. But damn it, I'm fine with what Bezos is doing and I support all these ventures of space flight. If commoners like me with very little knowledge can fly up into space (assuming you have the money of course) it is a step forward in space tourism and travel. And space tourism is a good thing.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
A personal moment here:

As the rocket lifted off around 10:50 EST I watched from my bedroom on TV and I could not help but shed a tear. Tears swelled up in my eyes, like they did long ago, when I grew up watching space flights on the television back in the day.

Back then they were an enormous source of pride and honor. Here they were, these Americans, going to space to research science. There was something exciting about it, something great. It was my dream.

Sadly that dream was never achieved. But to this day I still think back to those times, when I was a wee lad, watching space flights every morning as the 4 major networks did (and still do today) cut into regular programming, to show you a rocket blasting off into space. Back then, the hype was always great for a space flight, and the hype still remains there today.

I'm not an Amazon shill. But damn it, I'm fine with what Bezos is doing and I support all these ventures of space flight. If commoners like me with very little knowledge can fly up into space (assuming you have the money of course) it is a step forward in space tourism and travel. And space tourism is a good thing.

Can you imagine Ix in space?? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad