GDT: Sharks @ Wild GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Until 2 Years ago, I didn’t even have a cement pad to lay on and my shop was an old 30 x 40 granary. Couldn’t even run a tractor in it to change oil.

Loan, Lease, or Cash?
Mostly cash. Saved for 19 years. But went over budget some. Prices are nuts. Cement was terrible, garage doors were bad too…

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Until 2 Years ago, I didn’t even have a cement pad to lay on and my shop was an old 30 x 40 granary. Couldn’t even run a tractor in it to change oil.

Mostly cash. Saved for 19 years. But went over budget some. Prices are nuts. Cement was terrible, garage doors were bad too…
I finance these shops for my day job, you are not wrong about prices, you probably paid 50% more than you would have pre-covid, if not more. Looks really great, hope you enjoy it!

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
The next Wild open practice will be at Roman Maroni's shop this Saturday at 1pm.
Better have a good ice guy. Floor is sloped 2 different directions. And I’ll have to shut infloor heat off right away

I finance these shops for my day job, you are not wrong about prices, you probably paid 50% more than you would have pre-covid, if not more. Looks really great, hope you enjoy it!
It’ll at least be a third more than I had hoped for

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Better have a good ice guy. Floor is sloped 2 different directions. And I’ll have to shut infloor heat off right away

It’ll at least be a third more than I had hoped for

Lol this just answered 2 of the questions I was just typing up. Heat and floor slope for mess when things thaw and melt.

If the bar is a permeant feature have you thought about putting a wood burner stove near that area?

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Lol this just answered 2 of the questions I was just typing up. Heat and floor slope for mess when things thaw and melt.

If the bar is a permeant feature have you thought about putting a wood burner stove near that area?
No on the wood burner. It would have to be pretty big to heat that building. Not a lot of trees around me either to feed it. I use a propane boiler for the in floor. Electric would be way expensive.

Also would imagine insurance would be tricky with all of the flammable stuff in there plus a wood burner.

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No on the wood burner. It would have to be pretty big to heat that building. Not a lot of trees around me either to feed it. I use a propane boiler for the in floor. Electric would be way expensive.

I wasn't talking as a whole shop heater, but it's more of a small area thing that radiates dry heat (Franklin stove). It loses effectiveness the further you are away from it. They are just really nice for a quick warmup and drying out the outer layers than always (for me at least) ended up wet. A waste oil burner works too, but they are dirty.

Wood is easy to get around me so I can't relate there. The power company just gives away it's old poles (need the non-treated cedar type). Electric would be stupidly expensive. It's too bad that solar isn't to the point of affordable self cleaning/melting panels.

Roman Maroni

Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Hearing the organ reminded me of one I saw on the internet today….
When we were younger we made fun of Pee Wee Herman’s suit. Now our sons are wearing it to prom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad