Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign John Scott

lunarbrian

Jan 28, 2009
Isn't it more likely that Scott will spend a decent amount of time in the press box and be used primarily when we face a more aggressive team? Someone needs to be the spare forward and it makes no sense to sit one of the young guys in the press box on a regular basis. Although I will admit, since we have Brown I'm unsure of why we need both him and Scott. Seems like a bit of a waste to spend almost $2M on these two roster spots.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Hey, at least this season will be entertaining. I got money he has a career year ... 3 pts.

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
Isn't it more likely that Scott will spend a decent amount of time in the press box and be used primarily when we face a more aggressive team? Someone needs to be the spare forward and it makes no sense to sit one of the young guys in the press box on a regular basis. Although I will admit, since we have Brown I'm unsure of why we need both him and Scott. Seems like a bit of a waste to spend almost $2M on these two roster spots.

I personally think it would be fun to see Scott and Brown on a line together. Fierce. But I understand if you or anyone else thinks I'm an idiot for that.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Just hard to fathom how much cap we have in burish, Scott and brown.

There's no upside, no potential to develop. Just a cool 2 mill that we don't have anymore.

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
Fun maybe. Effective? No. In the playoffs? Hell no.

I completely agree. But yes, fun. Fun to see the look of terror on the face of any man that realizes he's done something unacceptable with Big John and Brownie on the ice. Pick your poison. Someone's feeding you knuckle sammiches.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm pretty sure I would be more scared of pelech and Desjardins than Scott and brown but yet, I'm not max Lapierre and I don't have a ref to hide behind. Lapierre did and so he still hit Boyle while Pelech and Desjardins were on the ice.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
I'm pretty sure I would be more scared of pelech and Desjardins than Scott and brown but yet, I'm not max Lapierre and I don't have a ref to hide behind. Lapierre did and so he still hit Boyle while Pelech and Desjardins were on the ice.

I understand you hate Brown and Scott but why would you honestly think that? Why would guy in his 4th NHL game and a young grinder not known for toughness be scarier than two of the most notorious enforcers in the NHL, a full five inches and 32 pounds more than the other duo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad