Pre-Game Talk: Sharks/Refs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Normally I respect Kerry Fraser's opinion, but his critique of those 2 plays in the videos were just so out of touch with reality. In the first clip he says McDavid engaged him. No he didn't lmao he is curling back to back check and the Coyote turns and faces him (away from the play) and engages him proceeding to almost head lock him.

The second he said McDavid is already falling down. Wrong the free arm not even on the Coyote stick is what knocks Connor down on an attempted bear hug. Then takes his sweet as time to let Connor go.

I can live with the 2nd one not being called, but the first one is absolutely a penalty.

That one with Murphy, the only one that engaged was Murphy. McDavid was thinking purely about getting back in the play, Murphy gets in his way and grabs him. Fraser it totally out to lunch on that one. They got the name wrong too when they were talking about it, think they were calling Murphy Stone.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He would still be better then Chris Lee.

I don't know. Mr. Magoo had the dual talent of making bad calls AND making them in the most infuriating way possible.

Mcgeough.gif

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
If the Oil can win this game, I will make it my personal resolution not to be negative the entire remainder of the season. Regardless of what happens I will remain positive.

On a side note, it is really starting to look like my wife is going to win the bet. (I was cynical at the start of the year and she was very optimistic). Oh well, if she ends up correct, and the Oil do make the playoffs, she deserves the shopping spree.

I only made the bet so regardless of the outcome, I would have something to look forward to.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I don't know. Mr. Magoo had the dual talent of making bad calls AND making them in the most infuriating way possible.

Mcgeough.gif

'member that one time Mr. Magoo wasn't blind?

Sorry if this indirectly brings up some bad memories. If it does, just think about McDavid and Drai ;)

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Going to be a great game tonight. Big game for players like Drai, Maroon, Kassian, Lucic. If we use our size combined with our skill we will win.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Really really want the Oil to win but in all honesty I don't expect them to. The Sharks are just better than us period.

That being said, a 60 minute effort and I will be happy regardless of the result. If we play like we did against the Blues, we have a chance. If we play like we did in the latter stages of the Phoenix game, we are ****ed.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Really really want the Oil to win but in all honesty I don't expect them to. The Sharks are just better than us period.

That being said, a 60 minute effort and I will be happy regardless of the result. If we play like we did against the Blues, we have a chance. If we play like we did in the latter stages of the Phoenix game, we are ****ed.

Would be an awesome game for McDavid to break out of his (kinda) slump.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Would be an awesome game for McDavid to break out of his (kinda) slump.

I would assume after the gong show in Phoenix the refs aren't going to let as much slide in terms of the clutching and grabbing of Mcdavid, so it's possible.

It's all behind closed doors of course but Lee MUST have got in **** for that Yotes game. He completely lost control of the game due to him being a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad