Pre-Game Talk: Sharks/Refs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Who's reffing? Jean Hebert? Kelly Sutherland? Mike Leggo? Kevin Pullock?

What whistles do they use?

Are the going to be able to dictate the game and confuse a team at random?

How are those IPADS holding up?

I wonder if they'll be able to physically impede or harm any players and look like they're trying to do their job?

I wonder if they'll be able to fool us and look like they're trying to do their job?

What's their favorite band?

Who was their favorite ref growing up?

How many penalties can they call in an hour?

Can't wait.

Speedo

Mar 14, 2005
Who's reffing? Jean Hebert? Kelly Sutherland? Mike Leggo? Kevin Pullock?

What whistles do they use?

Are the going to be able to dictate the game and confuse a team at random?

How are those IPADS holding up?

I wonder if they'll be able to physically impede or harm any players and look like they're trying to do their job?

I wonder if they'll be able to fool us and look like they're trying to do their job?

What's their favorite band?

Who was their favorite ref growing up?

How many penalties can they call in an hour?

Can't wait.

Stevie Wonder could do better than what we've seen recently. And he can't even skate that well anymore.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Normally I respect Kerry Fraser's opinion, but his critique of those 2 plays in the videos were just so out of touch with reality. In the first clip he says McDavid engaged him. No he didn't lmao he is curling back to back check and the Coyote turns and faces him (away from the play) and engages him proceeding to almost head lock him.

The second he said McDavid is already falling down. Wrong the free arm not even on the Coyote stick is what knocks Connor down on an attempted bear hug. Then takes his sweet as time to let Connor go.

I can live with the 2nd one not being called, but the first one is absolutely a penalty.

Last edited:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I would be over the moon if we manage to win tomorrow. Finishing up a 3 game road trip beating Stl, Ari, and Sjs is huge and would have me pretty confident close to the halfway of the season that this team will make the playoffs

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I would be over the moon if we manage to win tomorrow. Finishing up a 3 game road trip beating Stl, Ari, and Sjs is huge and would have me pretty confident close to the halfway of the season that this team will make the playoffs

This team has been so streaky in terms of winning and losing streaks, but when this team is on they can compete with anyone and don't get pushed around anymore. There's no such thing as a big, tough team that throws them around anymore because they are now one of them. It really would be great if they could beat the Sharks and go into their 5 days off on a streak. That's all I want for Christmas. :D I'm a simple person. ;)

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
actually looking forward to the sharks game.
Think last game was a huge step for the team developing an identity and be willing to fight for each other.
Think it signals a change in the maturity of the team.

I was shrugging off the 7-1 start to the year, more so after the big dip the 20 games after. but looking at where the Oilers are going into the break, it's very encouraging.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Normally I respect Kerry Fraser's opinion, but his critique of those 2 plays in the videos were just so out of touch with reality. In the first clip he says McDavid engaged him. No he didn't lmao he is curling back to back check and the Coyote turns and faces him (away from the play) and engages him proceeding to almost head lock him.

The second he said McDavid is already falling down. Wrong the free arm not even on the Coyote stick is what knocks Connor down on an attempted bear hug. Then takes his sweet as time to let Connor go.

I can live with the 2nd one not being called, but the first one is absolutely a penalty.

Apparently the Coyotes player was just "slow" getting up so it's okay:laugh:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Listening to Ched this morning and ugh....can't stand the guy....they really gotta force the fossil to retire....anyway Brian Hall goes on complaining about complaining about the non-calls to McDavid saying Orr, Hull and all the old guys had to deal with that. It's just hockey.

No you old goat...THAT was hockey where if you did that you got your ass handed to you and you backed off.

And my issue goes beyond McDavid. I mean, I am not a Gaudreau fan by any stretch but those slashes to not get called?? BS

Time to make a statement tonight boys!!!

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I heard Mick McGeough is coming out of retirement to ref the game tonight

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
meh... McDavid just skated in to Murphy jamming his face into Murphy's glove while slowly falling down!

- Ref

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Big game, we need to win this. With the galvanizing win against the refs last game, we should be ready to go. Normally I'd be pumped about a big game, but I'm just resigned to seeing a garbage **** show of reffing to ruin it. I hope we made a complaint to the league after that last debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad