Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pronman singled out Blichfeld for note in his wrap of the Canada/Denmark exhibition game:

Blichfeld turned heads with an incredible snipe shot to beat Colton Point on Denmark's first goal. He does not have a dynamic trait outside of his shot, but I like his skill and he has some vision. Like in Portland of the WHL, Blichfeld is used on the point on the power play for Denmark's first unit to fire away and be a catalyst. “He has the ability to see the moment, he has an incredibly quick release and has gotten way better defensively,” said Denmark coach Olaf Eller. What's holding him back right now is sub-par skating, as I never see him really explode up the ice.
Pronman: What stood out at Canada-Denmark world juniors...

It's funny, but in the few times I've seen him I don't think I've ever thought his skating was an issue. He's certainly not a burner, but he seems quick enough. I honestly felt like Gregor showed a lot rougher skating ability last night than I've ever seen out of Blichfeld. But I guess that's why I'm not a scout. Also older scouting reports on him have criticized his shot for being a slow release, and here he gets lauded for a quick one. It's always funny seeing contradictory scouting reports.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Uh, Norris is going the way of Patrick White.

Is he not even making the USA junior team?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Not that this matters, but I just realized that Mario Ferraro was one of, if not the oldest 1st timers in the draft last year. He missed the cutoff by 2 days.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Portland Winterhawks christmas video, feat. Joachim Blichfeld on the left at about 1:02, and sporadically thereafter.

Get some sun, Joachim. The scared children keep thinking they've seen a ghost.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What's Jeremy Roy out with?

Apparently his knee (the same knee that was surgically repaired). Officially it's just listed as "lower body injury"

also per LS (who can't post because the site is having a meltdown or something and a bunch of users are borked out of being able to participate for unknown reasons) Chartier is out due to an Upper Body Injury.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What's Jeremy Roy out with?

He’s getting a bionic knee.

Apparently his knee (the same knee that was surgically repaired). Officially it's just listed as "lower body injury"

also per LS (who can't post because the site is having a meltdown or something and a bunch of users are borked out of being able to participate for unknown reasons) Chartier is out due to an Upper Body Injury.

Is “upper body injury” code for “he has concussion symptoms again” or is it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad