• Ozzy Wiesblatt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethan Cardwell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Eklund. Smith is at least a year way from playing an AHL or NHL game. Longer depending on long he stays in college.
IMO best way to think about these prospect rankings is “who has the most trade value.” And it’s obviously Smith by a mile.

Reactions: Sharksrule04

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
If I ranked with that criteria, I would also put Smith at the top. Usually, I approach prospect rankings as who's most likely to make the 23-man roster consistently and contribute.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If I ranked with that criteria, I would also put Smith at the top. Usually, I approach prospect rankings as who's most likely to make the 23-man roster consistently and contribute.
Would you rank Nick Cicek above Shakir Muhkamadulin then?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Would you rank Nick Cicek above Shakir Muhkamadulin then?
I understand your point but I think there’s a VERY strong argument Shakir is closer to contributing in the NHL than Cicek. Maybe like Ozzy and Smith would be better.

I think with these it’s very much up to whoever is voting. Do you value the ceiling or the floor more? At what point does that change? Do you value closer to the NHL or potential? Again at what point does that change?

For me personally, I value ceiling way higher than floor up to a certain point. So a guy like Bystedt where I think his ceiling is an average 2nd liner for me is like 5 or 6 whereas Musty who I think can be an elite winger is an easy third choice for me. Someone else could say Musty has that ceiling but he also could be anything from top end AHL winger to Patrick Kane and Bystedt is very easily projectable as a 3C at a minimum so I’ll go him over Musty. I don’t think either view is wrong at all. It’s entirely in what you value. When I ran these polls I specifically had a comment of like, “vote for what you value.”

I will also add the caveat that there is definitely a point where this changes. Like Cagnoni definitely has VERY high ceiling but I’m not voting him over Bystedt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad