Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethan Cardwell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I think there is recency bias with Smith right now because he was just picked. We felt Eklund was a an amazing pick and were thankful he fell to us 2 years ago. It turns out that it’s hard to play in the NHL and Smith still has plenty to prove that his game will translate well, whereas Eklund has proven he belongs in the big club. So I went Eklund as the top prospect at this time.

Reactions: Jargon

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think there is recency bias with Smith right now because he was just picked. We felt Eklund was a an amazing pick and were thankful he fell to us 2 years ago. It turns out that it’s hard to play in the NHL and Smith still has plenty to prove that his game will translate well, whereas Eklund has proven he belongs in the big club. So I went Eklund as the top prospect at this time.
This is a very good point, but I think with Eklund he's somewhat failed to live up to expectations. Smith is all expectations right now, so he gets the nod.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Not worried about Eklund. He looked a bit
more bulked up with the Cuda this season. It was actually quite noticeable. Rehab can sometimes be a blessing in disguise for athletes. They work their asses off to get the area of Injury stronger and everything else tends to get stronger because of the training. Sometimes guys and gals come back stronger than before the injury. Smiths a year younger and highly touted. So was EK’s. Wish I could vote both guys 1)a and 1)b. Went with Smith.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
so uh... anyone else a bit nervous about eklund, esp. given the injury? I might be off by a year, but for a promising development, would we expect ~40 gms this year in the NHL from him ?
If he's healthy Id expect him in the NHL the entire season

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Same. I love Smith, but Eklund is going to be at least a 2nd line NHLer - can’t really compare yet, he’s leagues ahead.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
so uh... anyone else a bit nervous about eklund, esp. given the injury?

No.

I might be off by a year, but for a promising development, would we expect ~40 gms this year in the NHL from him ?

The Sharks aren't able to slide his contract again, so I'd expect him up with the big club. No reason to limit him to under 9 games this time.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
voted Smith, only because i assume he would get more of a return in a trade than Eklund

GMMG: "And here in the org: two hockey players, and a host of coaches at my call, and the Ring of Rings. A pretty stroke of fortune! A chance for GMMG, GM of the San Jose Sharks, to show his quality..."

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
voted Smith, only because i assume he would get more of a return in a trade than Eklund

GMMG: "And here in the org: two hockey players, and a host of coaches at my call, and the Ring of Rings. A pretty stroke of fortune! A chance for GMMG, GM of the San Jose Sharks, to show his quality..."
Hasso: "Pfft Mikogrier. Dougiewilsonir wouldve brought back his father a most handsome gift, a gift fir for a ruler. Dougiewilsonir, my firstborn son!! Oh how I wish that that your places had been exchanged and that you had survived, oh my firstborn son" *weeps*

Reactions: sharski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad