Avatars: Sharks playoffs '19: No Fate

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Question. I don’t want to seem insensitive to the plight of the Native American people but given all the cry baby’s on the main board because of the sharks game 7 wins, would it be wrong to have an alternate theme of “Trail of Tears” for the sharks run to the cup?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Question. I don’t want to seem insensitive to the plight of the Native American people but given all the cry baby’s on the main board because of the sharks game 7 wins, would it be wrong to have an alternate theme of “Trail of Tears” for the sharks run to the cup?

It's bad juju to change a theme mid-stream. Also there's a time issue. I might be good, but I'm not good enough to snap my fingers and materialize a brand new, workable theme in the span of a day or two. Median work time from concept to prototype is usually at least a week, then another 3-5 days for initial production run.

This does give me an idea that I might adopt into this set now or in the near future though.

Reactions: pappaf2

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
It's bad juju to change a theme mid-stream. Also there's a time issue. I might be good, but I'm not good enough to snap my fingers and materialize a brand new, workable theme in the span of a day or two. Median work time from concept to prototype is usually at least a week, then another 3-5 days for initial production run.

This does give me an idea that I might adopt into this set now or in the near future though.
No worries. I’m sure it’s more work than I even realize. After reading the main boards since the Vegas series and now this series i couldn’t stop thinking about it :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just gonna leave these here

full
full

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
So people don't overlook that we already have ref-themed avatars on the last page.

And no, we are not going to officially be making "ref Jose" avatars. Visitors can't come here and call us that without getting in trouble, so we are not going to officially sanction avatars.

crzymexicanbeer

Oct 24, 2013
Davis
So people don't overlook that we already have ref-themed avatars on the last page.

And no, we are not going to officially be making "ref Jose" avatars. Visitors can't come here and call us that without getting in trouble, so we are not going to officially sanction avatars.

Ok :(

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
I mean, I think it's a real funny idea, but we gotta draw a line somewhere. We can't go beating the Ref Jose drum all over the mainboard with avatars, and then hit the report button on people who come here and call us that.

But I really would love a shirt saying that. :laugh:

So you are saying that you can't rename this forum Ref Jose Sharks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad