Sharks News/Notes XVII

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hahn and Beacher have not explained the WHY of what NBCSNCA is doing that need to be changed, so the TV guys are in SJ for road trips.

:dunno:

Reactions: Sandisfan

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Randy mentions at 5:30 that this is NBC related, so it impacts the Giants, Warriors, etc. as well.

Reactions: slocal

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Randy mentions at 5:30 that this is NBC related, so it impacts the Giants, Warriors, etc. as well.

NBC CEO to Board: "I'm sorry but we just don't have the technology this year to send people thousands of miles in a days time. Maybe some time in 2022 we can figure out how to do time travel but until then they don't make cars fast enough for our needs"

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Ok so it is the tv deal mess again lol. There has got to be some way to get out of that garbage deal.
it should have escalated to the league years ago

Bettman: “it’d be a shame if someone was to break this nice storefront window of yours…”

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
it should have escalated to the league years ago

Bettman: “it’d be a shame if someone was to break this nice storefront window of yours…”
I'm pretty sure I read that it did get escalated to the league already and Bettman did get involved... And we still lost. Yep 7 years ago: "Commissioner Gary Bettman has taken the extraordinary step of personally intervening in the matter. Bettman has contacted high-level honchos at Comcast corporate offices in Philadelphia to see if the Sharks' local television deal can be reworked. Comcast is the parent company of Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area, which broadcasts Shark games. So far, the Bettman talks have not been fruitful."

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I'm pretty sure I read that it did get escalated to the league already and Bettman did get involved... And we still lost. Yep 7 years ago: "Commissioner Gary Bettman has taken the extraordinary step of personally intervening in the matter. Bettman has contacted high-level honchos at Comcast corporate offices in Philadelphia to see if the Sharks' local television deal can be reworked. Comcast is the parent company of Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area, which broadcasts Shark games. So far, the Bettman talks have not been fruitful."
wow

1/10 negotiation skills i guess lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad