Post-Game Talk: Sharks Hurt Spaling, Sparks and Bernier's Starts. (Leafs lose 5-4 in OT).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hopefully they aren't saving Bernier for Saturday.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
At this point with Reimer getting on ice work before practices now, he is nearing return. Gotta think if Sparks turns in a respectable performance (or two if Reimer isn't ready by Saturday), Bernier's spot at the end of the bench will be shifted to the waiver wire.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
:laugh: that's mean.
I mean, at this point in time it's true - but it's mean none the less ;)

Taking them the last few years could be considered mean, it's not so bad this year.

Have they said when Reimer may be back?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
That thread title... Sharks in the Water. Better send some Sparks...

hmmm...

500px-Jaws_electrocuted.jpg

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Please don't start Bernier or Reimer ever again ... Ship those 2 bums out

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Please don't start Bernier or Reimer ever again ... Ship those 2 bums out

So who are our goalies? Garret Sparks? He's played against 4 teams, 3 of which are not exactly that great, and another one who was going through a major offensive dry spell.

And Antoine Bibeau has a .850 in the AHL playing behind the best team in the league. You think Bernier is bad, Bibeau doesn't even have proper positioning on most of his goals. That's not good.

Ship Reimer out since we can get a lot for him, but what does giving away Bernier do? Satisfied the needs of a bunch of petty fans and media? Pretty much.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Reimer has been nothing short of spectacular this season can you maybe tone back the obnoxious and baseless hatred?

He had a good 2 weeks, doesn't mean anything. In the long run he is not a goalie we should count on, he is injury prone and also cannot be trusted when the games count

If anything his 2 "spectacular" weeks actually hurt us in the standings. We could be drowning in 30th right now if he didn't win us some games

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He had a good 2 weeks, doesn't mean anything. In the long run he is not a goalie we should count on, he is injury prone and also cannot be trusted when the games count

If anything his 2 "spectacular" weeks actually hurt us in the standings. We could be drowning in 30th right now if he didn't win us some games

Yeah let's trade a goalie for winning too many games! :sarcasm:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
i don't know what that means

yes, I am.
LOL but I think I just did something unintentionally cool.

It's a reference to the movie Jaws ... ***SPOILER ALERT*** :sarcasm: They end up killing the shark via an electrical cable that was laying on some rocks near the water by getting it to bite into the cable and electrocuting it.

Hence send in Sparks to beat the Sharks in the water

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
It's a reference to the movie Jaws ... ***SPOILER ALERT*** :sarcasm: They end up killing the shark via an electrical cable that was laying on some rocks near the water by getting it to bite into the cable and electrocuting it.

Hence send in Sparks to beat the Sharks in the water

The first Jaws was an oxygen tank. You guys watching those garbage sequels?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'd rather Bernier get more Icetime. Leafs don't need the wins, by they do need to up Bernier's value to make him a moveable asset.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'd rather Bernier get more Icetime. Leafs don't need the wins, by they do need to up Bernier's value to make him a moveable asset.

I'd rather have the team's confidence up and playing their systems well and allowing the chips to fall where they may in the standings. I'm a huge fan of the team this year, and I love the way they've been playing, but I'd still be quite surprised if we played our way out of a half-decent draft pick.

Meanwhile, the more Bernier plays recently, the more his value likely drops. Goal support has been a huge issue with him in net this year, but that's certainly not an excuse for something like last night. I think he's got it in him to bounce back, and once he gets that first win, I think it'll do wonders for him mentally, but right now I die a little inside whenever I find out he's expected to start a game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Bernier's value is scorched already... I'd rather he gets more ice time elsewhere, even if we don't get anything for him.

Just waive him already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad