Sharks Heritage Jerseys

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know when the Sharks plan on making the Heritage Jersey's available on the NHL store online? I am sure I am not the only out-of-towner that would love one of these!

Sharks Store does mail order (over the phone).

You'll have to contact shop.nhl.com for the online stuff as the Sharks have zero control over that.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks Store does mail order (over the phone).

You'll have to contact shop.nhl.com for the online stuff as the Sharks have zero control over that.

Sharks store tweeting they are the exclusive location to purchase the Heritage Jerseys, so they won't be on shop.nhl.com.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Sharks store tweeting they are the exclusive location to purchase the Heritage Jerseys, so they won't be on shop.nhl.com.

I'm confused, how can they be the exclusive location if NHL.com shop is selling them and what about the dude who leaked the jersey? It looked like he was going to be selling them at his hockey shop in the leaked photos. Does the Shark store have an exclusive on it for walk-up stores for a limited time?

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Just be aware that the Heritage jersey at the store as shoulder patches that essentially iron-on decals, not stitched patches. For $150, I expect better.

Yep, this has been my biggest issue since Reebok took over manufacturing replicas. CCM/Koho replicas had actual patches and generally looked pretty damn close to the authentics.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just be aware that the Heritage jersey at the store as shoulder patches that essentially iron-on decals, not stitched patches. For $150, I expect better.

Since the transition to reebok jerseys you have to get authentics to get stitched/embroidered patches on practically any jersey. It seems like they're copying the route that baseball has gone, though at least unlike baseball jerseys the major logo on a hockey sweater is still the embroidered twill crest and not a giant vinyl-ish patch.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Since the transition to reebok jerseys you have to get authentics to get stitched/embroidered patches on practically any jersey. It seems like they're copying the route that baseball has gone, though at least unlike baseball jerseys the major logo on a hockey sweater is still the embroidered twill crest and not a giant vinyl-ish patch.

This is actually really annoying, especially since even the authentic's are not exactly the same as the on ice product.

That said, I think it actually took them a couple years to go to the shiny vinyl shoulder patches. I feel like the first year or so they were glued on normal patches and then they have gotten cheaper over the years.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is actually really annoying, especially since even the authentic's are not exactly the same as the on ice product.

I remember seeing them in the sore in teh 1st year of the Edge jersey (even if it was just canucks ones) and they were already the shiny vinyl patches.

That said, I think it actually took them a couple years to go to the shiny vinyl shoulder patches. I feel like the first year or so they were glued on normal patches and then they have gotten cheaper over the years.

If you want to be super picky about it, you can buy the embroidered shoulder patches and take them to a place that does jersey customization and they may be willing to replace the crappy vinyl ones with the ones you bought.

I did it with my Worcester jersey (because the one I got had mysteriously wrong patches on it) and my replica blackarmor one. You can get decent looking real/chinese knockoff shoulder patches on ebay for usually a couple of bucks for the pair.

Of course I can't say this for sure for you guys in/around SJ or in California in general. The place I go to (The Hockey Shop in Surrey, BC) is pretty hardcore about the services they provide. Also their primary jersey guy, Aaron, is a Sharks fan too :laugh: I haven't been in for a while though so I don't know if he's still there. But he enjoyed taking my original throwback sharks uni to put Larionov on it instead of the slew of Canucks customizations that were on the "to-do" rack :D

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
So disappointing how this jersey came out I was hoping for something better!

558.gif

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY

I agree but I'm guessing you're like me and you prefer new things. I look at this jersey and it is EXACTLY the original jersey just updated for Reebok. Not impressed at all. That being said I will buy one because I am Sharks obsessed and buy basically anything they create. Didn't think when they said combination of new and old that it meant we'd have the exact original jersey made to fit current specifications. I thought it would be some sort of blend between the current jersey/logo and the several generations along the way.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I agree but I'm guessing you're like me and you prefer new things. I look at this jersey and it is EXACTLY the original jersey just updated for Reebok. Not impressed at all. That being said I will buy one because I am Sharks obsessed and buy basically anything they create. Didn't think when they said combination of new and old that it meant we'd have the exact original jersey made to fit current specifications. I thought it would be some sort of blend between the current jersey/logo and the several generations along the way.

I love the jersey but I agree with this sentiment. I would have rather had a modern interpretation of this jersey.

New logo using the older color skeem. Old teal, with the banding would have been my preference.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
With how popular this jersey has been I could see the current jerseys "morphing" into a modern version of it as it would only require a few modifications.

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408

I agree with you but what I'm going to do is use one of my old ccm jerseys buy the nhl patch and have it sewn on collar and have someone remove the ccm logo on the back and call it a day

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

This jersey is something better, we've had 8 years of new things that aren't even close to the 1st set or better than the 2nd gens.

This is a good move by the Sharks to return to something that is well liked and a classic. If you want something different the stadium series sweaters are on sale.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
vpSWicP.jpg

Made this cause I wasn't sure about the entire bottom being white, so I just wanted to see how it'd look. Not sure which I like better, but leaning towards the all white bottom they chose I guess. Opinions?

Edit: I'll add all teal bottom as well
H5bEDh7.jpg

Edit 2: Added 2 more just for fun
rt6dn6V.jpg

krzkodW.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad