Sharks have allowed 52 goals for lowest in the league

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
Yes, they put on a clinic against the Flyers in the 3rd period that last game. We couldn't get anything generated. I was really impressed with the Vancouver locked us down too.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Bold move posting this right before the Sharks play Tampa Bay.
giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That game in Philly the other night was like watching a cat play around with a mouse until it finally stops trying to move and just gives up.

Haha, that's a really good analogy. I hadn't recalled ever seeing the Sharks just be so patient in their gameplan, waiting for the opponent to get annoyed and start forcing things so the Sharks' skill can counter.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Haha, that's a really good analogy. I hadn't recalled ever seeing the Sharks just be so patient in their gameplan, waiting for the opponent to get annoyed and start forcing things so the Sharks' skill can counter.
It's Mayweatherish, for sure, but if the results remain I won't complain.

Just wait until they go on a losing streak though... :)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
And is +3 in his last 13 games. Had a rough start to the season, but he's turning it around. Also on a 5 game point streak.
Dude, Burns has the most give aways in the whole League this season by a large margin. If it wasn't for Thornton's elite defensive play covering for his mistakes, Burns' +/- would look way worse...

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That kind of play wins you games, but not long term. It's not sustainable to carry that kind of a play.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
There are no style points up for grabs, so in my books, you can do whatever you wish that results in a lot of points.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dude, Burns has the most give aways in the whole League this season by a large margin. If it wasn't for Thornton's elite defensive play covering for his mistakes, Burns' +/- would look way worse...

That's not how it works. Burns' mistakes are bailed out by himself and Martin Jones.

Reactions: Phu

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I'm a Kings fan.

Then you must have just started following them.

Kings circa 2012 were one of the best defensive teams of the past fifteen or so years. And they played a "boring" style not too dissimilar from the current Sharks.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I blame their defense, it's been so horrible. Burns is still good, I find they rely on him too much, if it weren't for Burns they'd probably have the worst D in the whole league and be bound for last place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad