GDT: Sharks @ Flames, December 14 7:00 MT, Sportsnet Flames

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
cut.jpg

Flames Lines: Same as last time.

Sharks Lines: Dunno lol. Couple of epic beards though.

Go team! Defeat Shark!

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I watched that video for a good minute and a half before I realized it was a loop. Also it is a very poorly executed loop.

I am embaras. Go Flam

Reactions: Sk8M8

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Very important game tonight. Flames have to do some leap-frogging to get back into the playoff picture.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Very important game tonight. Flames have to do some leap-frogging to get back into the playoff picture.

Which is interesting seeing as we didn't lose last game in regulation, and we were in a playoff spot before that game.

As long as we stick together, as a team, we'll be alright.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Which is interesting seeing as we didn't lose last game in regulation, and we were in a playoff spot before that game.

As long as we stick together, as a team, we'll be alright.

Considering the teams' been the better team over the past number of games. I'm liking the trend.
This team has the makeup to be one of the best league-wide, we need some bounces and maybe some extra scoring.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
On another note, does anyone else find it unfair how many games the Flames play at the Saddledome? We don't have a good record there, but we have to play there 41 times. No other team comes close to that many games at the Saddledome.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Hope Ferland can get some finish back in his game.

He's single handily the reason that McDavid passed Johnny in scoring. So many glorious chances screwed up by Ferly lately.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

He's single handily the reason that McDavid passed Johnny in scoring. So many glorious chances screwed up by Ferly lately.
Hey, but on the other hand, he was a big part of Gaudreau being so high up in the scoring race in the first place. You win some, you lose some when your top line right winger is making $1.75M.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Hey, but on the other hand, he was a big part of Gaudreau being so high up in the scoring race in the first place. You win some, you lose some when your top line right winger is making $1.75M.

That's true. I think it's clear he lacks the consistency to be relied on as the top LW.

We need someone who plays like Ferly did early on, all season. If this team wants to contend, which is clear since they don't have a 1st this draft, they need the top line playing like that all of the time. That has to be the expected level.

We won't get that with Ferland.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's true. I think it's clear he lacks the consistency to be relied on as the top LW.

We need someone who plays like Ferly did early on, all season. If this team wants to contend, which is clear since they don't have a 1st this draft, they need the top line playing like that all of the time. That has to be the expected level.

We won't get that with Ferland.
Maybe, but the truth is that there aren't really many teams at all in the league that can load up the top line with true top line players and still have the depth to be a really good team. Basically every successful team out there organizes their lines with 'duos' and try to match a lesser third player with each duo. Even the best team in the league, Tampa, does this.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yeah, it's not at all realistic to expect three bonafide first liners on the top line; how many teams around the league can actually boast that feat? Moreover the problem with the offense is not the first line, it's the second, third and fourth lines. They need another game breaking talent to share the load, so to speak. Either they can make a trade for one now/soonish or more prudently, wait until Tkachuk, Bennett and/or Jankowski break out.

Then maybe one day (i.e. next year) try something different
Tkachuk-Monahan-Frolik
Gaudreau-Jankowski-Ferland
Bennett-Backlund-XXX
Mangiapane/Klimchuk/Poirier-Lazar-Hathaway

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017

I thought he was from Canada?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Yeah, it's not at all realistic to expect three bonafide first liners on the top line; how many teams around the league can actually boast that feat? Moreover the problem with the offense is not the first line, it's the second, third and fourth lines. They need another game breaking talent to share the load, so to speak. Either they can make a trade for one now/soonish or more prudently, wait until Tkachuk, Bennett and/or Jankowski break out.

Then maybe one day (i.e. next year) try something different
Tkachuk-Monahan-Frolik
Gaudreau-Jankowski-Ferland
Bennett-Backlund-XXX
Mangiapane/Klimchuk/Poirier-Lazar-Hathaway

Gaudreau - Monahan - RW
Tkachuk - Backlund - Ferland
Bennett - Jankowski - Hathaway
Klimchuk - Lazar - Frolik

I know some will claim putting Frolik on the 4th line is a waste, but I think Klimchuk is good enough for a defensive role, and Frolik could definitely mentor those two. You could even have Frolik at C with Lazar as the RW. Brouwer rotates in. I don't think we'll see Mangiapane next year, at least not at the start.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Ferland’s size and speed helps Johnny and Sean so much.

Yeah he misssed an open net but so did Monahan and Backlund last game.

The team has been playing really good hockey for five games now. The points will start to come.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Gaudreau - Monahan - RW
Tkachuk - Backlund - Ferland
Bennett - Jankowski - Hathaway
Klimchuk - Lazar - Frolik

I know some will claim putting Frolik on the 4th line is a waste, but I think Klimchuk is good enough for a defensive role, and Frolik could definitely mentor those two. You could even have Frolik at C with Lazar as the RW. Brouwer rotates in. I don't think we'll see Mangiapane next year, at least not at the start.

I would switch frolik and Hathaway. I think that third line has been dynamite since they’ve come together but sample size is still pretty small. Ultimately frolik probably makes them a bit more dangerous offensively

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I would switch frolik and Hathaway. I think that third line has been dynamite since they’ve come together but sample size is still pretty small. Ultimately frolik probably makes them a bit more dangerous offensively

My line of thought was that Hathaway still works well with Janks, and Frolik could run that 4th line, but I'd be fine swapping them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad